Home

NFL Off Topic

This is a discussion on NFL Off Topic within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-30-2012, 04:37 AM   #1081
RF

TheMatrix31's Arena

OVR: 36
Re: NFL Off Topic 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boltman
Because us in L.A. can do it like that lol.

Damn, I wish I could actually sleep in that late. Even if I stayed up past midnight, I still get up at 5AM like clockwork.
I definitely have a tough time waking up. Often times I secretly wish the late Sunday games suck so I can just take a nap after.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2012, 05:07 AM   #1082
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 23

I laughed:

Old 08-30-2012, 08:17 AM   #1083
YNWA

ImTellinTim's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatrix31
I definitely have a tough time waking up. Often times I secretly wish the late Sunday games suck so I can just take a nap after.
Ever think of sleeping from about midnight to 8 like a normal person?
Old 08-30-2012, 12:11 PM   #1084
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

Per PFT.com:

Quote:
In a surprise move, the NFL Players’ Association has agreed to the NFL’s request that the trade deadline be moved back from Week Six to Week Eight, and that one player per team can return to the field later in the season after being placed on injured reserve.
ESPN’s Adam Schefter reported that the players’ union agreed to the rules changes today, just a week after the union was saying no deal because the league was trying to tie those rules to changes in the rules about padded practices. It’s unclear for now how the union and the NFL were able to find common ground on the issue.
The change means that the trade deadline will now be the Tuesday after the Week Eight games, instead of the Tuesday after the Week Six games. That could be great news for teams that suffer an injury to a key player in Week Seven or Week Eight and need to trade for a player to replace him. Detractors of the rules change have suggested it could encourage bad teams to give up on the season and trade away their best players for draft picks.
With the injured reserve rule, one player per team may go on IR early in the season and then return to the field later in the season. So a player who suffers an injury that’s expected to keep him out for a few months could go on IR but still play again. Steelers rookie offensive lineman David DeCastro, who is expected to miss about three months with the knee injury he suffered last week, could be a perfect fit for the new system.
Old 08-30-2012, 01:33 PM   #1085
MVP

Gman 18's Arena

OVR: 27

Are Janoris and Mike Jenkins brothers? they look a lot like each other and have the same last name.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2012, 04:53 PM   #1086
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

Clarification on the new IR Provision that was passed today.

Per PFT.com:

Quote:
The injured reserve rule allows one player per team to be activated from IR after a “major injury.” The player must miss at least six weeks of practice. He may be placed on the active list at least eight weeks after placement on injured reserve.
Unlike the PUP list, then, the window for returning to practice or returning to action doesn’t close. Once it’s open, it stays open.
Patriots owner Robert Kraft has said that, if such a provision had been in place four years ago, the team possibly would have used the designation for quarterback Tom Brady, who tore an ACL in Week One.
Here’s where it gets complicated. Because teams already have cut to 75, a special procedure applies for 2012. As to teams that already have placed players on IR, the player for whom the short-term IR procedure will be used must be placed back on the active roster by 9:00 p.m. ET, August 31. He’ll then count as one of the final 53.
Then, after 4:00 p.m. ET on Tuesday, September 4, each team can place one player on the modified IR list.
This means that teams hoping to use the new IR rule for a player already on injured reserve will have to displace another player for nearly four days, using a roster spot for the injured player and then creating a roster spot next Tuesday, when that player goes back to IR.
Confused? Good. Because it took me an hour to figure it out.
Per NFLPA:

Quote:
1. Only players with a "major injury" who are placed on Reserve/Injured after 4:00 p.m., New York time, on Tuesday, September 4, or thereafter during the season, will be eligible to be reactivated at a later time.
2. A "major injury" is defined as an injury that renders the player unable to practice or play football for at least six weeks (42 calendar days) from the date of injury.
3. Each team may reactivate only one player placed on Reserve/Injured after 4:00 p.m., New York time, on Tuesday, September 4. That player must be "designated for return" at the time the club places him on Reserve/Injured, and such designation shall appear on that day's Personnel Notice.
4. Such player is eligible to return to practice if he has been on Reserve/Injured for at least six weeks from the date he is placed on Reserve. He is eligible to return to the Active List if he has been on Reserve/Injured for at least eight weeks from the date he is placed on Reserve.

Last edited by ProfessaPackMan; 08-30-2012 at 04:55 PM.
Old 08-30-2012, 07:25 PM   #1087
Hall Of Fame

p_rushing's Arena

OVR: 20

I don't like the have to wait 8 weeks part of it. Teams should be able to use it how they see fit. If they waste it on a player out a few weeks, then that is their fault. After week 8, this rule becomes useless.

Glad the NFLPA agreed to it finally. I bet they hold this over the NFL's head though the next time something comes up.
Old 08-30-2012, 09:31 PM   #1088
All Star

rangerrick012's Arena

OVR: 42

Hopefully this isn't a repost.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »