Home

Super Bowl XLVIII: Denver Broncos vs. Seattle Seahawks

This is a discussion on Super Bowl XLVIII: Denver Broncos vs. Seattle Seahawks within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Who wins
Denver Broncos 46 56.79%
Seattle Seahawks 35 43.21%
Voters: 81. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-20-2014, 12:34 PM   #65
binging

SPTO's Arena

OVR: 53
Re: Super Bowl XLVIII: Denver Broncos vs. Seattle Seahawks

I think that if the Seattle D can neutralize the passing game of Denver then they have a great shot at this BUT Russell Wilson and the offense needs a far better game than yesterday.

If i'm Carroll I start the game with a lot of man to man/zone with bump n run coverage than slowly but surely amp up the D-Line pressure and try to knock Peyton silly before he gets too much into a rhythm. Manning is moreso than most QBs a creature of habit and timing. If they can throw him off his game a bit that would make a world of difference.

According to NFL.com the Broncos are #1 against the rush (64.5 YPG) but I think a large function of that is based on Denver just blowing the doors off of their opponents and thus forcing them to throw the ball more than they want. When Denver HAS to handle the rush consistently in a close game situation It's not as dominant so I think the Seahawks need to come out and establish Lynch early on. They can't let Wilson start the game passing and if they fall behind it'll be hard to get the run game cranked up again.

It'll be an interesting game that's for damn sure. I don't know how personally involved Carroll is with the defensive playcalling but I bet he takes ownership of those duties on SB Sunday because whatever you can say about Carroll, the man is a pretty decent defensive mind. He's been around some innovative people on that side of the ball, the biggest being Floyd Peters who created the "umbrella defense".

"Baseball is the most important thing that doesn't matter at all" - Robert B. Parker
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-20-2014, 01:04 PM   #66
MVP

XXstormmXX's Arena

OVR: 10

I'm rolling with the Seahawks even though I'll be rooting for the Broncos. I have them winning 38-32 with Manning throwing a late pick to end the game.
Old 01-20-2014, 01:28 PM   #67
SOLDIER, First Class...

JazzMan's Arena

OVR: 23

This is the 21st straight year that Nebraska will have a former player on a Super Bowl roster, which is the longest active streak among FBS teams. Crazy.

Green Bay Packers
Utah Jazz
Nebraska Cornhuskers

Dibs: AJ Lee
Old 01-20-2014, 01:31 PM   #68
MVP

OVR: 3

Interesting to note, the last big passing game Russell Wilson had was against New Orleans in that Monday Night blow out in Seattle. That game was when the #1 seed was still up for grabs, and Seattle came out with an excellent game plan, countering the Saints stacking the box against Lynch with play action and bootlegs.

If Seattle is going to have a chance they are going to have to get their offense going in the same manner. I think Denver is going to be able to score, maybe not up to their standards, but they will score. So it's just a matter of how much Seattle can muster on offense.

I almost wonder if Pete Carroll has been kind of pulling the reins in on Wilson the past month or so as kind of a tactic, to get teams to sleep on him a bit. Seattle's offense has shown signs of being more than just capable and efficient under Wilson. Add Percy Harvin into the mix and the potential is certainly there for Seattle to come out with a lethal attack both on the ground and through the air.

I think the game hinges on what the Seahawks can get going on offense.
Old 01-20-2014, 01:32 PM   #69
We Spent Some Money!

ZM Punk's Arena

OVR: 32

Going Seahawks. First title game I've called correctly in a while.

Adolphus Washington-Ohio State Freshman
Old 01-20-2014, 02:42 PM   #70
Rookie

JohnnyP1119's Arena

OVR: 2

I can't wait for this...it's what I wanted to see, the #1 offense in history vs the #1 defense for the season, and arguably the last 2 years.

I'm gonna go with Peyton and the Broncos though. I just feel it's his destiny to hoist another Lombardi trophy. Seattle hasn't faced anything like this Denver team (even New Orleans can't compare to all the weapons) and although they are a great defense, I see Denver scoring no lower than 27.

Now if Seattle can put pressure on Peyton, and they can control the clock with BEAST MODE like SD did to them in Week 15, then they have a shot. It's gonna be a captain obvious statement but if Seattle forces turnovers in the beginning they will have a great shot. If Peyton starts hot, it might be tough for Wilson to get the 'Hawks back into the game as their offense is probably the weakest link out of the 4 sides of the ball in this game (Denver O and D and Seattle O and D)

Now comes the caveat...if the weather is bad throw everything out of the window. If it's normal I say the final score is:

Denver Broncos 31
Seattle Seahawks 23
Old 01-20-2014, 03:08 PM   #71
Pro

carnalnirvana's Arena

OVR: 21

does sherman follow his guy around or does he play one side, i think the broncos could avoid him easily...

also i think russel could get some big plays on the broncos D for some reason they cover well 10-20 yds but give up big chunks on plays over 35 yds...

#18 greatest EVA....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-20-2014, 03:15 PM   #72
Robot

thaima1shu's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by carnalnirvana
does sherman follow his guy around or does he play one side, i think the broncos could avoid him easily...

also i think russel could get some big plays on the broncos D for some reason they cover well 10-20 yds but give up big chunks on plays over 35 yds...
Most of the time, Sherman stays on his side. He has followed his guy around only on a couple of occasions (like Boldin in the week 2 matchup), and he will sometimes move into the slot if his primary cover is lined up there as well. But it doesn't happen often.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »