Home

***The Official Arsenal Gunners" Thread***

This is a discussion on ***The Official Arsenal Gunners" Thread*** within the Pro Soccer forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > Pro Soccer
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-13-2008, 01:37 PM   #401
MVP

therizing02's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: ***The Official Arsenal "Gunners" Thread***

Quote:
Originally Posted by zitomulder
This team needs some veteran leadership. Its as simple as that. They need someone to whip there butts in gear when things get tough. This group of players have looked disinterested in way too many games this year for my liking.

Arsene needs to realize that you're not going to win any EPL titles with a team this young. It seems like every year Arsene trots out an even younger team. He's going to be trotting a team for of 16 year olds out before you know it.

Everyone talks about how by playing all of these kids it makes it more likely that they will want to play for him in the future. But what good is it going to do to get a young stud away from a Barcelona if you're just gonna end up selling him back once he hits his prime.
I agree with your points here. Leadership helps teams not play to the level of their competition. Arsenal is slowly becoming Tottenham IMO. They play well against the good/great teams and poorly against teams like Middlesborough and Stoke. Very frustrating.

If they can't find a leader, how about a player or two that have won any a Cup? UCL, EPL, or anything. These young guys need to be surrounded by winners. The team has no swagger and they seem to lack confidence when they should win.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-13-2008, 04:31 PM   #402
Qb
All Star

Qb's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by therizing02
Arsenal is slowly becoming Tottenham IMO.
Heresy! Burn him at the stake!!! BURN HIM!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-13-2008, 04:47 PM   #403
MVP

therizing02's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qb
Heresy! Burn him at the stake!!! BURN HIM!!!!!!!!!!

HAHA!!!!
Old 12-14-2008, 04:06 PM   #404
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by therizing02
HAHA!!!!
No, seriously, you're banned.

Acid?
Old 12-14-2008, 09:23 PM   #405
MVP

OVR: 13

I am sick of Gallas. Absolutely sick. He pushed up all game and Middlesbrough sent long pass after long pass to whomever decided to take advantage of Gallas's foolish offensive runs and the pass-receiver would magically find themselves behind the Arsenal defense. This needs to stop.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-15-2008, 03:18 AM   #406
We Spent Some Money!

ZM Punk's Arena

OVR: 32

I'm telling you guys. Arsene Wengers arrogance is going to kill this team. He honestly thinks that he can win with anybody. Just no excuse to not spend money when you have it. Especially with as many glaring holes as this team had coming into this season.
Old 12-15-2008, 05:05 AM   #407
Rookie

goonertaff's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsnomar05
I am sick of Gallas. Absolutely sick. He pushed up all game and Middlesbrough sent long pass after long pass to whomever decided to take advantage of Gallas's foolish offensive runs and the pass-receiver would magically find themselves behind the Arsenal defense. This needs to stop.
its a real joy coming on this board and reading your views, its makes a refreshing change to see what you guys see instead of listening to the idiots in the UK who want fire wenger and "get someone better" land "sell Cesc he's ****" these are also the same people who wanted to sell Henry and now blaim Wenger for "selling Henry" lol

as to Gallas making surging runs into midfield and trying to take control of a game that is what a leader should do , dont get me wrong im no fan of gallas he's 30 going on 12 years old in my book, but he is trying

as to the long ball passing the fault there lies with the midfield not pressuring the ball
its almost impossible to play the off side trap if theres no pressure on the passer and once again the defense was left hanging with its arse in the wind.

zitomulder as to Wengers Arrogance its what he believes in and hes comitted to his convictions(can i say that lol), id love to see a star or two in January but it isnt going to happen and the only holes we had coming into the season was a lack of quality depth which funny enough is now a problem as half the first team is out and the other half is just getting back from Injury.

and to whoever compared Arsenal to Totingscum
DONT DO IT AGAIN
theirs been a fued between the two clubs since 1913 and I dont think you fully understand how offensive that statement is and if you want to support Arsenal I'd suggest a less controversial comparision

say any other team in the world including Chelsea or Man Utd
an accurate comparision this season would be Hull.
"boss he does nt know who he is!"
"well tell him he's Pele and get him fecking back on"
BFR manager of WBA 1978
Old 12-15-2008, 02:48 PM   #408
We Spent Some Money!

ZM Punk's Arena

OVR: 32

Well he might need to rethink those convictions, because they sure aren't conducive to winning anything. I also think that we sure could have used a body at holding midfielder before this season. I can think of quite a few players that could have came in here and been an upgrade to Song and Denilson.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > Pro Soccer »