Home

***The Official Arsenal Gunners" Thread***

This is a discussion on ***The Official Arsenal Gunners" Thread*** within the Pro Soccer forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > Pro Soccer
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-27-2013, 12:03 AM   #6001
is looking at stats.

Krebstar's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: ***The Official Arsenal Gunners" Thread***

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesmith29
Warren Barton just ripped Santos a new one during half time. He pretty much said he's a player who doesn't care. He won't run 10 meters to pick someone up, but he'll sprint across the pitch to get RVP's shirt!

I'm betting that he'll be leaving this Summer. Most likely for not much money at all, but I don't see him sticking around.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-27-2013, 02:42 AM   #6002
MVP

eyeamg0dly's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krebstar
Regardless of how we feel, if you remove yourself from the situation, he makes a good point. Teams can sign many, many new players, and then teams who then face that team could be facing a very different squad than other clubs were able to before the window.

You can argue that its no different than players being injured or healthy, but there is a difference, as they're bringing more in, etc.

I wish we'd sign someone, but we can never be surprised when these are Arsene's thoughts.
i think he is a tough position when looking for players. we really need depth, but do you sign ppl with the expectations that they will become starters ? or that they will be playing primarily from off the bench with a start here and there depending on injuries.
Old 01-27-2013, 04:42 PM   #6003
All Star

jt45's Arena

OVR: 18

Santos is garbage. What did he take yesterday? Three shots from distance?
Old 01-27-2013, 09:25 PM   #6004
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krebstar
Why isn't Arsene buying anyone in January? Well, he doesn't think this transfer window should even exist.

Regardless of how we feel, if you remove yourself from the situation, he makes a good point. Teams can sign many, many new players, and then teams who then face that team could be facing a very different squad than other clubs were able to before the window.

You can argue that its no different than players being injured or healthy, but there is a difference, as they're bringing more in, etc.

I wish we'd sign someone, but we can never be surprised when these are Arsene's thoughts.
I don't think he makes a good point, as yes, you might be facing a team that is better due to new signings than other teams had to face, but you also have the opportunity to be better yourself. And those other teams will have to play someone more difficult than when you had to face them. Should all American sports abolish trades and free agent signings during the season?

Also, "I don't like that there's a transfer window in January" is a pretty poor excuse to not bring in players.
Old 01-27-2013, 10:06 PM   #6005
is looking at stats.

Krebstar's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsnomar05
I don't think he makes a good point, as yes, you might be facing a team that is better due to new signings than other teams had to face, but you also have the opportunity to be better yourself. And those other teams will have to play someone more difficult than when you had to face them. Should all American sports abolish trades and free agent signings during the season?

Also, "I don't like that there's a transfer window in January" is a pretty poor excuse to not bring in players.
I'm not saying its a good reason not to bring in players. But if you remove yourself from being a supporter of the club, I think its at least an interesting point. If there is one thing I love about Arsene, its his ability to view things from a different perspective and that fact that he's not afraid to share them. I don't always agree, but I always want to hear.

Should American sports abolish trades and free agent signings, I don't know, but it can be argued that its different in a way. In this sport, you play home and away against each club, so there is an attempt to have balance. Which I absolutely love.

Do I want him to make a signing? Yes. I also don't think his theoretical issues with the window are the reason he isn't making a signing. Its more most likely due to him feeling as if he can't get a deal, or that with Diaby and Rosicky healthy, that we're stronger than before.

Last edited by Krebstar; 01-27-2013 at 10:08 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-28-2013, 05:17 PM   #6006
Hall of Fame

jb12780's Arena

OVR: 23

Good read.

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/2/d363b054-6...#axzz2J5XUYPTj
Old 01-28-2013, 06:28 PM   #6007
is looking at stats.

Krebstar's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb12780
In the same vein: http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2...al-feeder-club

Usmanov speaking out again about the club's transfer policy.
Old 01-28-2013, 08:07 PM   #6008
Rookie

OVR: 0

Are any of your players unavailable for the Bayern match? I don't remember anyone getting a red or anything like that (Can never tell with all of UEFA's yellow card accumulation nonsense.)

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > Pro Soccer »