Home

***The Official Chelsea FC Thread***

This is a discussion on ***The Official Chelsea FC Thread*** within the Pro Soccer forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > Pro Soccer
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-19-2017, 03:59 PM   #2249
MVP

Brahvocado's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: ***The Official Chelsea FC Thread***

Also, I know there's a lot of people out there (not necessarily here) that feel a summer of signing Lukaku/Bakayoko/Caballero would be tragic, but honestly I think those are all great signings.

People have been underrating Bakayoko a lot because he was underwhelming in the last few months. Monaco fans however, have all said during the first half of their season he was one of their best players, and that he also has more in his locker than just being a physical B2B midfielder. You guys already know how I feel about Lukaku, and Wily would be a great backup keeper.

Add to that the potential signing of Sandro, and that is honestly a pretty stellar summer.

My only real concern in all this is not signing somebody for the right side. I'm sure I've said this before but having another "baller" that can take pressure off Hazard is going to be crucial, especially in the CL. We've seen in past seasons CL level teams marking Hazard out which leaves us looking clueless. Pedro is fabulous, I hope we keep him at all costs, but his style of play doesn't really take any pressure off Hazard. Pedro has superb movement and is a great finisher, he can definitely carry the ball up the field well but in terms of pure chance creation, it's just not really his game. If we got somebody like James/Mahrez/Martins etc. then it would mean teams couldn't just focus on Hazard.

Only problem is I haven't really seen us linked to any forwards yet that aren't strikers, but it's obviously still early.
Old 06-19-2017, 04:38 PM   #2250
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

I think Lukaku, Willy, and Baka would be a good haul. Add Sandro to that and it's a great haul. Add another attacking inside forward and a RWB and we won the summer. Would LOVE to get an experienced RWB like Perisic. As good as Moses was last year he was simply worn down by the end of the year. As far as another inside forward, when you consider that Eden probably won't be ready for the start of the season and the fact that we sold Traore we're going to be pretty thin there.

I'm curious to see what the market for Matic is. Juve should pounce all over him IMO.
Old 06-20-2017, 02:21 PM   #2251
MVP

Brahvocado's Arena

Think Perisic is better served as a forward, he'd also be expensive. I'd much rather we went after Conti, Semedo, Pereira. I've also heard very good things about Weiser from Hertha, who would definitely be the cheapest of those 4.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-20-2017, 07:24 PM   #2252
MVP

Brahvocado's Arena

Am I crazy for thinking that taking a chance on Adama Traore in Moses's position might actually be worth a shot?

I mean, he'd be pretty cheap so it wouldn't hamper us spending big in other positions. His dribbling, pace and general athleticism is next level. His technique is quite good as well, he was one of La Masia's most prized possessions. He doesn't have very good decision making and work ethic, but those are two things Conte drills into pretty much everyone.

Villa and Middlesbrough are two absolutely atrocious places for a young player to develop, especially a young attacker.

Seems like it could be a very low risk option with a potentially high reward.

Moses was great this last season but his crossing and decision making were both pretty bad most of the time. His strengths are his athleticism and dribbling, which is the same as Traore except Traore is a much better dribbler.

I dunno. If we aren't going to get someone like Conti/Semedo etc, then maybe it's worth a shot?

Last edited by Brahvocado; 06-20-2017 at 07:26 PM.
Old 06-23-2017, 03:06 PM   #2253
MVP

Brahvocado's Arena

I'm getting all pumped for July 1 but it's just going to be Nike and Wily isn't it?
Old 06-23-2017, 07:19 PM   #2254
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

Yeah me too. Thinking about getting the white kit if it's the one I've seen leaked.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-24-2017, 10:48 AM   #2255
Pro

OneDrop's Arena

I reckon Perisic could actually do a job for you guys at RWB. Although he usually plays on the left. He's two footed so he can swing in crosses from both sides and cut in and shoot. He's a workhorse too so that'd fit what Conte expects of your wingbacks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-24-2017, 11:08 AM   #2256
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneDrop
I reckon Perisic could actually do a job for you guys at RWB. Although he usually plays on the left. He's two footed so he can swing in crosses from both sides and cut in and shoot. He's a workhorse too so that'd fit what Conte expects of your wingbacks.
I'm thinking more and more that bringing back Christensen and potentially adding another CB (Bonucci, VVD, etc...) means that Azpi gets moved to RWB where he'll take over and prove that he's the most versatile defender on Earth.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > Pro Soccer »