Home

***The Official Chelsea FC Thread***

This is a discussion on ***The Official Chelsea FC Thread*** within the Pro Soccer forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > Pro Soccer
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-11-2012, 04:54 PM   #25
Pro

cardinals57's Arena

OVR: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bezzey
Fox Soccer
Darn, I was afraid of that. I guess I'll just find some way to follow what happens online.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2012, 07:57 PM   #26
Chillin

RoyceDa59's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: ***The Official Chelsea FC Thread***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bezzey

One more day boys
Cool video but I am glad Drogba is no longer at Chelsea seriously I have respect for the man but I don't like him. He wrecks havoc on Arsenal, Liverpool, and Bayern then just ups and leave to China bye...
Old 08-11-2012, 11:50 PM   #27
Midfield Maestro

Ozil's Arena

OVR: 3

This will be a very interesting season because for once, we've really invested in transitioning this team from Mourinho's team to Roman's team. I'm not really sure how we're going to do to be honest. A lot will depend on our defending and how quickly the new additions will adapt to the league.

I've been an Eden Hazard fan since I signed him in FM 09. He's definitely got the skill set to be great, but I think he will need time to adjust. Marko Marin will be a solid signing because he also cuts in and was dangerous going forward. Oscar I don't know too much about, but from all accounts, will only add to the team's creativity.

The key for me this season is Torres. Finally, he has the creativity in midfield that should be able to supply him with the necessary space and balls he needs to be effective. If he struggles again, he's going to be truly a bust. Mata was a solid start, but now he is truly out of excuses. If he plays like he did in his early Liverpool years, we will be a force.

Either way, I'm excited. It looks like we're finally transitioning out of the Mourinho era and into a new brand of football. I predict a top 4 finish, but we have building blocks for the future.
Old 08-12-2012, 12:13 AM   #28
is looking at stats.

Krebstar's Arena

OVR: 15

Honest thoughts guys, how long do you think RDM will last if he doesn't get out to a fantastic start?

It'd be great to see him get a real shot, but it seems he's also in a position where he'll need time with the squad.

Any thoughts at all? I'd assume the CL victory buys him more time than someone like AVB.
Old 08-12-2012, 12:25 AM   #29
Midfield Maestro

Ozil's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krebstar
Honest thoughts guys, how long do you think RDM will last if he doesn't get out to a fantastic start?

It'd be great to see him get a real shot, but it seems he's also in a position where he'll need time with the squad.

Any thoughts at all? I'd assume the CL victory buys him more time than someone like AVB.
I think he'll get a year unless we really stink. My thought is that Roman really wants Pep Guardiola and will wait out the year for him. I like RDM too, but unfortunately for him, Roman wants wins and to be done in a sexy style....
Old 08-13-2012, 04:49 PM   #30
Chelsea, Assemble!

Altimus's Arena

OVR: 58

So.... yesterday.... don't think it was that bad. The kick in the teeth was without question the straight red from goal. It was a huge drop.

Torres looked solid other wise. Disappointed in Hazard's play; did have some nice flashes though. Happy to seem them fight back to 3-2. Lampard and Terry were sluggish and disappointing.

Game could have been 4-2 or 5-2 which is the issue. Our Brazilian defender once again just lost his mind at the end. I thought he got extremely lucky it wasn't a PK against Tevez.
Old 08-15-2012, 05:02 AM   #31
Future EA Game Changer

ImaGamer_OS's Arena

OVR: 0

A frustrating loss though it has to be said, we played Man City in the second half with only 10 men. Torres looked as stated above solid. It was one game though it's a start from which he can build (we hope). I too was disappointed in Hazard. Oscar will be great in the mid-field and change how we look in attack.

We are apparently in and out of the market for Hulk depending on what source you read.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2012, 08:03 AM   #32
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

Hazard wasn't that poor. His overlap created space for the counter that led to the first goal and his flick on to Torres was very skillfull. Ramires deserves credit for the nifty dribbling and vision but I think his pass was more luck.

The two players that were poor/non-existent for me were Mikel & Mata. Mata contributed little albeit we couldn't get him the ball. Mikel looked like AVB Mikel, a step slow, indecisive, poor first touch, and overall, not very confident. His inability to retain possession or contribute to the counter leads me to my next point:

We still have issues with retaining possession and getting into the counter. With Torres, Sturidge, Hazard, Marin, to an extent Mata, Cole, and Ramires we have a very quick (or the potential for) counter but we give the ball away to easily when transitioning from defense to offense. The top clubs (Citeh, United, even Arsenal with Song) can deliver that pass to get it going. For all his positives, Mikel cannot simply do it. We don't have that double-pivot who can distribute from the back and defend deeply while still providing an attacking presence going forward in support. Romeu isn't ready yet for that kind of responsibilty and tbh, may never be good enough to be anything more than a fringe player at Chelsea.

I am excited about the season though and still can't figure out what kit too buy. I lik the gold lettering in the 1st kit but I have a blue jersey already.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > Pro Soccer »