Home

The Sack Race aka Official Management Carousel Thread

This is a discussion on The Sack Race aka Official Management Carousel Thread within the Pro Soccer forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > Pro Soccer
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-01-2016, 04:15 PM   #33
Banned

BunnyHardaway's Arena

OVR: 36
Re: The Sack Race aka Official Management Carousel Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perceptor
You could argue City's system is more stable as they have invested a lot into their academy and youth system. United used to have a rock solid system but it hasn't been the same in quite a long time. While City still sign big names they're also putting the money into their club infrastructure. That makes them more attractive right now than United. That's all I'm saying.
Their academy stadium is nicer than most lower division stadiums. It's absurd.

I think you'll start to see the fruits of their labor shortly. Iheanacho was signed as a youth player, for example.
Old 02-01-2016, 04:24 PM   #34
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
You could argue City's system is more stable as they have invested a lot into their academy and youth system. United used to have a rock solid system but it hasn't been the same in quite a long time. While City still sign big names they're also putting the money into their club infrastructure. That makes them more attractive right now than United. That's all I'm saying.
Oh no doubt Perceptor. You'd be a fool to go to United over Citeh right now IF you believe in your ability to implement your system. I'm interested to see what Pep does with YaYa. He's not the same player he was at Barca when it comes to effort and work-rate.
Old 02-01-2016, 04:41 PM   #35
MVP

Brahvocado's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
City's youth setup has far surpassed United's, it's one of the best academy setups in the world right now. It's one of the very few things you will see United fans unanimously concede on, and one of the biggest sources of anger towards the club. They've let their academy slip to a pretty startling degree, several United players have their own children in City's academy.

Most people know this these days though, which is why I'm almost positive KG meant their first team setup and foundations, which is logical considering LVG set the foundations for both teams Pep has managed.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-01-2016, 04:53 PM   #36
MVP

Perceptor's Arena

OVR: 18

Great points. I really enjoyed this discussion. It will be very interesting to see what happens now with United.
Old 02-01-2016, 11:44 PM   #37
An Old Trafford

Leon's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG
Oh no doubt Perceptor. You'd be a fool to go to United over Citeh right now IF you believe in your ability to implement your system. I'm interested to see what Pep does with YaYa. He's not the same player he was at Barca when it comes to effort and work-rate.
To borrow from Twitter, Pep said he wanted a challenge. That challenge is filling up the seats at Etihad Stadium.

Highly doubt Yaya sticks around. He left Barca while Pep was reaching his peak because he wasn't played where he preferred and they're not exactly buddies.

Quote:
Great points. I really enjoyed this discussion. It will be very interesting to see what happens now with United.
Daily philosophy lessons and the chase for the (formerly known as) Arsenal Cup.

@nicroni
Old 02-02-2016, 02:03 AM   #38
MVP

Brahvocado's Arena

Crazy. Liverpool have spent the last 25 years desperately trying to unseat United and take their perch back, but it's entirely possible that the little brother from the other side of Manchester will swoop in out if nowhere and do it for them.
Old 02-02-2016, 09:00 AM   #39
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon
To borrow from Twitter, Pep said he wanted a challenge. That challenge is filling up the seats at Etihad Stadium.

Highly doubt Yaya sticks around. He left Barca while Pep was reaching his peak because he wasn't played where he preferred and they're not exactly buddies.

Busquets had a lot to do with it and even though YaYa is great player, it was the right decision since Sergio is probably the best in the world at his position. YaYa has been playing deeper the last few matches for Citeh but we'll see how the rest of the season goes.
Old 02-02-2016, 11:21 AM   #40
MVP

Brahvocado's Arena

Pep plays a very high pressure system and Yaya doesn't do that. I think that would be the only reason Yaya leaves other than maybe going to China/MLS.

But then again Yaya is a huge baby so who knows.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > Pro Soccer »