Home

17/18 Fantasy Premier League (Togga)

This is a discussion on 17/18 Fantasy Premier League (Togga) within the Pro Soccer forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > Pro Soccer
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-26-2017, 03:08 PM   #25
MVP

Brahvocado's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: 17/18 Fantasy Premier League (Togga)

My best times are during the day, so like 9-5 Pacific basically, because I'm a bad employee
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-26-2017, 03:31 PM   #26
Rookie

wk86's Arena

I'd personally prefer a daytime draft as well, mainly because that would mean it's still somewhere during the evening for me. But if it ends up being later during the day for y'all, I'll just set an alarm in the middle of the night :').
Old 07-26-2017, 03:43 PM   #27
is looking at stats.

Krebstar's Arena

OVR: 15

Okay, I should've just done another Doodle. Here it is!

The times that are listed should be specific to your IP address, so keep this in mind. Once we narrow it down, I'll post again to confirm the times with their time zones.

OS Premier League Draft Time Doodle
https://doodle.com/poll/98ws3entu4dmpv4p
Old 07-26-2017, 03:58 PM   #28
Rookie

wk86's Arena

Also, I have a question relating to player positions and the draft due to this being my first time playing fantasy soccer.

Are there any of the positions considered to be bigger difference makers than others, or is it more or less the same for all of them? As in, are the differences between the star players and second/third tier players at a certain position relatively bigger or smaller than for other positions?

Like, would someone such as Courtois or De Gea normally go in the early rounds of the draft? Or is it mainly the elite strikers, wingers and playmakers?

With fantasy football for instance it's a common rookie mistake to take a QB early, because they get the most fantasy points (but all of them do and the differences are very small, so there is no point in reaching for any of them). Whereas elite RB's are worth reaching for due to their big impact.
Old 07-26-2017, 04:15 PM   #29
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

Mostly elite playmakers because Togga values goals, assists, and other attacking stats so highly. I think I finished 4th/5th last year with both Middlesbrough keepers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-26-2017, 04:37 PM   #30
Zac
World-Class Diver

Zac's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by wk86
Also, I have a question relating to player positions and the draft due to this being my first time playing fantasy soccer.

Are there any of the positions considered to be bigger difference makers than others, or is it more or less the same for all of them? As in, are the differences between the star players and second/third tier players at a certain position relatively bigger or smaller than for other positions?

Like, would someone such as Courtois or De Gea normally go in the early rounds of the draft? Or is it mainly the elite strikers, wingers and playmakers?

With fantasy football for instance it's a common rookie mistake to take a QB early, because they get the most fantasy points (but all of them do and the differences are very small, so there is no point in reaching for any of them). Whereas elite RB's are worth reaching for due to their big impact.
Here is how the scoring the works:
https://www.playtogga.com/scoring

To give you an idea of how the scoring can be used to your advantage without having the top play makers, James Milner who mainly played Leftback last season finished in the top 20 scorers.

Old 07-26-2017, 06:16 PM   #31
is looking at stats.

Krebstar's Arena

OVR: 15

You can also jump into the draft now and see points and points per match from last year. Overall, the draft system looks like an improvement from last year. Should be exciting.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-26-2017, 06:45 PM   #32
MVP

Brahvocado's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG
Mostly elite playmakers because Togga values goals, assists, and other attacking stats so highly. I think I finished 4th/5th last year with both Middlesbrough keepers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'd even say that consistency in performance is more important than anything. My second highest point earner last season was Michael Antonio and he missed the last like two months.

Keepers and defenders can get decent points as long as they play well. Sunderland were obviously abysmal last season, but Pickford still got my quite a lot of points just because he made so many saves.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > Pro Soccer »