Home

Outrun Online Arcade Review

This is a discussion on Outrun Online Arcade Review within the Racing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-12-2009, 09:08 PM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
Outrun Online Arcade Review

Longtime fans of the racing genre no doubt have some experience with Sega and its storehouse of legendary arcade racers. After all, there was the original OutRun cabinet that used to line the walls of Dairy Queens and Pizza Huts in the 1980s, the Daytona USA multi-cabinet grids that would rake in quarters at skating rinks and putt-putt golf courses, and the more niche Sega Rally games that eventually crept into the then-massive Chuck E. Cheese franchise.

Simply put, the company's presence in the arcades over the last two decades has helped to create lasting memories for those who are old enough to recall a time when arcades had more to offer than an endless number of Dance Dance Revolution and Deer Hunter variants.

It came as no surprise, then, to see that OutRun Online Arcade, a port of Sega's most recent update to the classic arcade racer, quickly found its way to the top of the Xbox Live Arcade "most popular titles" list during the week of its April 15 release.

Read More - Outrun Online Arcade Review
Platform: Xbox 360
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-13-2009, 03:33 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 12
I bought this when it was released and it was fun for 10 minutes, every race takes about 5 minutes and it just lacks the original feel this game once had. I would've been happier if they released this with the old original arcade version with the old graphics. I find that all XBLA games should have two versions, the original and HD remix, most of us would enjoy playing the original than a updated version. I mean I have my emulators for that, but it's more comfortable on the couch.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing »