Home

Submit Your NASCAR The Game 2011 Producer Interview Questions Here

This is a discussion on Submit Your NASCAR The Game 2011 Producer Interview Questions Here within the Racing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-04-2010, 10:21 PM   #33
Rookie

Hokie20's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Submit Your NASCAR The Game 2011 Producer Interview Questions Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tidefan6869
Will the AI perform correctly at Daytona and Talledega and draft with you or continuely try to pass you the entire race? That was always a huge disappointment to me in EA's games.
Oh wow, BIG question. It's frustrating to be in a pack and have the guys not want to follow you in the draft on lap 5 of a 50 lap race.
Old 10-04-2010, 10:22 PM   #34
Banned

bill2451's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenglund
I quite like the racing in NASCAR 09...it's just so bland, with no life to the drivers or the career.
this, Nascar 09 did a lot of things right, but they also did way too many things wrong

the races were so formulaic it really became quite boring. Not only did none of the drivers have unique personalities but they were all ran perfect lines while at the same time driving so conservatively that they never attempted real passes

When I got in first, no one ever passed me (unless I made a BIG mistake). And when I was in back, I could watch the cars drive perfectly side by side lap after lap. The AI had no urgency to win and drove like faceless drones, never struggling to hold a line or anything... I want variation!

basically, what I really want to find out is what the action will be like on the race track. Will drivers make mistakes? Will they press the action when they need to, and sit back when appropriate as well? (for example, I would love nothing more than to see 3 cars behind the pack at a super speedway get in line behind one another and try to draft their way back to the pack, rather than making useless passes)

with that in mind, my other concern is will tracks actually perform like they are supposed to? Nothing is more frustrating then being able to drive away from the pack at a track like Daytona... or go 3 wide with no help, and still make passes easily... if you get caught out of the draft, then then race/your car should respond accordingly. I want to have to actually race each track like real life

Last edited by bill2451; 10-04-2010 at 10:25 PM.
Old 10-04-2010, 10:54 PM   #35
Content Creator

bluengold34_OS's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rules
Very cool, thanks for including us!

Thanks again brother!

No problem Rules, as I am happy to do so. I can't tell you how many times I have read an interview, and asked myself why this or that question wasn't asked. So we wanted this to be a community interview, more or less. I would inlcude you guys on the call, but can't figure a way to get 50 people on one call
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-05-2010, 11:33 AM   #36
All Star

Lieutenant Dan's Arena

OVR: 31

Great questions so far, and thank you for this opportunity blue!

Presentation question:

Pace cars?

And related: Will we start the race with following the pace car, and I liked whichever version of EA's Nascar series showed and ran down the whole grid, two by two, like they do on tv during the start of race pace laps.

OS Dibs: Anna Kendrick

Elite Dangerous on One X has become my life.

Proud PS5 and Xbox Series X Owner
"Best of Both Worlds"
Old 10-05-2010, 02:14 PM   #37
Rookie

seeuatthemovies's Arena

OVR: 7
Will there be owner options as part of the career/season mode?

Would we be able to hire staff, team members, negotiate with sponsors, and hire/fire drivers?

Will we have full control on pit road if desired? Will there be tire changing or fueling mini games to allow more player interaction with the team on pit road?

Will any legacy cars (like the 80's Thunderbird or 90's Lumina) be included in the game?

Depending on the way career mode is structured, will you be able to make it to the new Nascar Hall of Fame?

Stats, stats, and more stats. Codemasters has done a much better job of including stats and records in their titles. Are there any plans to add many of the stats and information commonly discussed on television?
Old 10-05-2010, 04:37 PM   #38
Content Creator

bluengold34_OS's Arena

OVR: 44

Hey, just to let you guys know that the interview has been moved back to Monday the 11th. I will be doing it with Ed Martin( lead producer ), but they have been/will be traveling this whole week, so it was rescheduled by a couple of days.
Old 10-05-2010, 04:50 PM   #39
Rookie

OVR: 3
This is some of what I would like to see: time taken during the pre-race show (not hurried) same thing for the post race show. tear offs during pit stops (windshields need to be cleaned). Full caution laps with the ability to cut them short if you prefer. Driver personalities, grudges, scuffles etc. Most everything else has been mentioned.
Old 10-05-2010, 04:58 PM   #40
Rookie

OVR: 3
Oh yeah, when you are involved in an accident and your car is fully disabled or you blow an engine your day is over!!!!!! Not sent to the back of the pack on the caution lap like EA would do!!!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing »