Home

NASCAR The Game 2011 Q&A and Impressions

This is a discussion on NASCAR The Game 2011 Q&A and Impressions within the Racing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-25-2011, 01:41 PM   #161
Pro

Brew's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: NASCAR The Game 2011 Q&A and Impressions

Blue, Im sure youve seen this pic of a custom car on another thread. Notice the headlights! Now am I missing something? Because you did just say that you couldnt find any manufacturer decals or the ability to change the manufacturer on the car. If that isnt the case than do you think the headlights were made by the "artist" for this car pictured?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-25-2011, 01:47 PM   #162
MVP

mm boost's Arena

OVR: 12

thanks for doing this in-depth review. While the gameplay itself sounds great, this whole damage thing really bothers me, a lot. The whole thing these devs have been preaching the whole time how it is simply the most breath taking, realistic damage model in a racing game ever. Well, I am very unimpressed so far. If this was a huge focus of this game, then how come the damage is screw up so bad? The damage is what makes the game more realistic. I think that absolutely sucks that you have to wait for a replay before you can even tell if your car is operable or not. Seeing cars roll, smash up, pieces torn off of them, tires blowing out, etc. is what makes nascar so exciting. When i think of the damage engine they have shown and told us about, I picture myself as Cole Trickle smashing Russ Wheeler and Rowdy Burns into the wall and seeing debrees and tire marks showing up on the side of the car. Looks like I can't relive this

I am let down thus far in this department. I was going to buy it Tuesday, but now I am going to hold off for a while.

Last edited by mm boost; 03-25-2011 at 01:49 PM.
Old 03-25-2011, 01:47 PM   #163
Rookie

goosedawg68's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brew

Blue, Im sure youve seen this pic of a custom car on another thread. Notice the headlights! Now am I missing something? Because you did just say that you couldnt find any manufacturer decals or the ability to change the manufacturer on the car. If that isnt the case than do you think the headlights were made by the "artist" for this car pictured?
Looks like an Impala.
Old 03-25-2011, 01:51 PM   #164
Rookie

OVR: 0
How do the controls work? Can you customize the controller settings to your own liking?
Old 03-25-2011, 02:14 PM   #165
Content Creator

bluengold34_OS's Arena

OVR: 44

Real quick and I will get to the questions. There was a request for a couple of pics of the cockpits cams, and just some damage at Chicagoland.

Cockpit1 cam

Cockpit2 cam

and some in-game damage at Chicagoland..........

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-25-2011, 02:22 PM   #166
Rookie

nolesfan69's Arena

OVR: 3

Bluengold thanks for answering questions about the game. I assume the Milwaukee Mile is not in the game this year since there is no Nationwide
series, correct. I love that track, it's way better than Chicagoland.

3 time ACC Champs- 2011, 2012 and 2015
1 time Orange Bowl Champs- 2011
National Champions - 2012
Bowl Games 5-2
Old 03-25-2011, 02:24 PM   #167
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluengold34_OS
Real quick and I will get to the questions. There was a request for a couple of pics of the cockpits cams, and just some damage at Chicagoland.

Cockpit1 cam

Cockpit2 cam

and some in-game damage at Chicagoland..........

dang,even the flying parts have shadows,and the cockpit look dead on with all the wires and switches and gauges
Old 03-25-2011, 02:26 PM   #168
Content Creator

bluengold34_OS's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brew

I can't give you anymore insite to it at all. I really can't find a way to pick different manufacturer's when creating a car. It may be there....and please keep in mind the instruction book is only 3 pages. I will keep trying to finad a way to change or choose, and maybe I am just missing something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mm boost
thanks for doing this in-depth review. While the gameplay itself sounds great, this whole damage thing really bothers me, a lot. The whole thing these devs have been preaching the whole time how it is simply the most breath taking, realistic damage model in a racing game ever. Well, I am very unimpressed so far. If this was a huge focus of this game, then how come the damage is screw up so bad? The damage is what makes the game more realistic. I think that absolutely sucks that you have to wait for a replay before you can even tell if your car is operable or not. Seeing cars roll, smash up, pieces torn off of them, tires blowing out, etc. is what makes nascar so exciting. When i think of the damage engine they have shown and told us about, I picture myself as Cole Trickle smashing Russ Wheeler and Rowdy Burns into the wall and seeing debrees and tire marks showing up on the side of the car. Looks like I can't relive this

I am let down thus far in this department. I was going to buy it Tuesday, but now I am going to hold off for a while.
Well please don't think that there isn't damage at all, there is, and it's done really well. The only issue so far has been, when(out of request) I turned around at Dega and drove head-on into the pack. I was expecting catastrophic damage, and it just wasn't there. Now in game racing(as proven by photo's I uploaded) the damage is done very well, if I am racing in a realistic fashion......but thats your call, and needs to be respected.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNascarFan2011
How do the controls work? Can you customize the controller settings to your own liking?
You can customize everything in regards to the controls....and I mean everything!

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing »