Home

NASCAR The Game 2011 Q&A and Impressions

This is a discussion on NASCAR The Game 2011 Q&A and Impressions within the Racing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-26-2011, 04:27 PM   #401
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: NASCAR The Game 2011 Q&A and Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisasst
Heres my question.... In career mode, you can start out with your own car right? Do you earn money and able to upgrade your equipment and sponsors. Can't remember what year that was in, but that was pretty cool..
I'm only 2 races in so haven't really seen any money but haven't been looking either will check next time I'm on.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-26-2011, 04:31 PM   #402
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by mason3132
Dude its always JJ against me. I'm going to wreck anytime I see him.
Then wreck him before he wrecks you.
Old 03-26-2011, 04:34 PM   #403
Content Creator

bluengold34_OS's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by thal30
I think its amazing how a lot of guys are surprised the game has glitches. All games have glitches upon release. Games aren't good until about a month after release. Don't be out raged when on the 29th the NTG servers are a mess. Dropped games massive lag are to be expected. I predict by mid April probably patch 1.03-1.05 everything will be right as rain. Till then bare with it.
I can't argue with much of what you said here bro. Believe it or not, this game has a lot less bugs then what people think. There is enough, but that number will dwindle down with a couple of good patches.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lieutenant Dan
Thanks again for keeping this rolling Bob and mason.

Replays? At the end of the race, how is the replay feature? Plenty of good, realistic, broadcast-style cameras to watch the race I just ran? Is it full length or just partial race?
Im glad seasprite answered this, because the PS3 does not have that option until the patch drops Tuesday...it only has photo mode for right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Air_Logan24
can you post multiple pics. of the paint booth please?
I can't bro....My cam sucks at pics, and photo mode is only for in-race shots. Maybe someone with a good phone cam can take care of your request...sorry

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickstate76
i see your point also id give her more respect once she chooses either Nascar or not and irl next year ...
Yeah, I hope she decides to pick one series, and stays there. I do not hate her, but just pick a series already, and tune your craft. Stop treating each series like you own it, and can just split time when it's convenient for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claymaker52
I live about 30 minutes from The Glen, so I was wondering if you could post some pics of it. Preferably some of a crash, or someone going off the track in the rubble. And how is that loop on the back stretch constructed? Does it have cones that you can go straight through if you have too much speed and miss the turn and/or crash through, or is there a baracade of some kind there?
My next stop on the PS3, I will take 5-6 good shots of the WG, and get them up for you. I posted a couple earlier in the thread, but this track deserves more love from me....

Quote:
Originally Posted by mason3132
Ok I have bumped up settings to very hard with very limited assist and I can see defiant difference in the comp. No matter what I do I can not win Daytona I qualify well but one mess up and the lead pack is gone. JJ who is my rival has wrecked me about 5 times. Racing California is a lil different I can win that race consistently. In that race a couple of times JJ has also run me over. I'm going to move on a race more on different tracks done about 10 races on both of these tracks. I think this game can be really good with a few patches. I'm hating the caution flags not coming out but on Sp its really good besides that. Also it seems if you have it on harder setting the better drivers are usually up front on default tons of sub par drivers will be upfront.
I had the problem initially, but I have learned how to use the crosshair map at the bottom of the screen, and that has done wonders for stopping that from happening.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOYOTA-RAClN-9l
Hey blue.. Can you use a rear view mirror on any of the camera views while driving? thanks!
The mirror is there in cockpit cam1(where u see the wheel, but you can only see half of it. I really rely on the look back button, and the crosshair map at the bottom of the screen. its not visible at all for me in cockpit2 cam, on the PS3.

Quote:
Originally Posted by seasprite
If I get spun one more time while leading at daytona, imma gonna break something. If seems that if I am alone up front, there is always a small pack behind (normally with JJ included), that charges ahead and runs me off the road. Either that or I suck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Like I said above, I have really had to learn how to look at crosshair map at the bottom. Once I learned to how to use that at the proper times, this has really no longer been an issue for me. Before that, I would not say that i was constantly being spun out, but it did it enough to bother me a bit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisasst
You should move out of the way then
LOL...you say that in jest, but thats what I had to teach myself. If a car is coming up on me, and is faster, I have found it very beneficial to let that go, regroup, and then make my move again.

Last edited by bluengold34_OS; 03-26-2011 at 04:43 PM.
Old 03-26-2011, 04:36 PM   #404
Content Creator

bluengold34_OS's Arena

Pics of the Glen is my next mission...promise!
Old 03-26-2011, 04:45 PM   #405
MVP

woody2goody's Arena

OVR: 5

Hey Blue.

We've seen that the AI takes different lines, but do they ever run right up against the wall? Off the top of my head Montoya and Earnhardt Jr are common practitioners of this
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-26-2011, 04:49 PM   #406
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluengold34_OS
Yeah, I hope she decides to pick one series, and stays there. I do not hate her, but just pick a series already, and tune your craft. Stop treating each series like you own it, and can just split time when it's convenient for you.

It will be very interesting when she gets back in a cup car at the Circuit de Gilles Villeneuve Road Course , my opinion is it might go really good or horribly bad ....i think that course by the way would be a fun buy a track with xbox live later on what you think ?
Old 03-26-2011, 04:50 PM   #407
Phenom

seasprite's Arena

OVR: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by redwingsfan
This isn't a really big deal, but on a video that was posted over on the NTG forums, it appeared you have to select your career mode driver right at the start of the game. Can you change it later on if you wish?
No unless you restart your career.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 03-26-2011, 04:52 PM   #408
Content Creator

bluengold34_OS's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by woody2goody
Hey Blue.

We've seen that the AI takes different lines, but do they ever run right up against the wall? Off the top of my head Montoya and Earnhardt Jr are common practitioners of this
I see AI up against the wall all the time. They really take advantage of the highline, but it's not overdone. I also wouldn't say that its only the usual suspects like a Dale Jr., but in general, they do a very good job of using the outside, tucked against the wall, if it will benfit them.

Last edited by bluengold34_OS; 03-26-2011 at 04:55 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing »