Home

NASCAR The Game: Inside Line Patch Expected Later This Month, Details Included

This is a discussion on NASCAR The Game: Inside Line Patch Expected Later This Month, Details Included within the Racing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 01-08-2013, 10:42 AM   #41
Rookie

scoman's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: NASCAR The Game: Inside Line Patch Expected Later This Month, Details Included

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba_Zanetti
I can't speak for Forza as I don't own an Xbox. Grid (a great game) was way more arcade than sim. I'd still put GPL anf NR2003's AI above Race 07. Race 07's AI was good but I was never crazy about the fact that the cars would not spread out much and a little too robotic for me.

Other sims with good AI: Crammond's Grand Prix series and EA's F1 series.
Yeah Grid is more arcadey,granted, but love the fun factor and the awesome wrecks. Grid 2 is due out this year I believe,looking forward to checking that out.

Last edited by scoman; 01-08-2013 at 10:47 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-08-2013, 10:52 AM   #42
Pro

OVR: 7
Re: NASCAR The Game: Inside Line Patch Expected Later This Month, Details Included

Quote:
Originally Posted by havoc00
anyone else game keep freezing when in a lobby? this is the only game that freezes on me, is it my copy or a problem
I haven't played the game in over a month. Still waiting on the patch. I had constant freezing in the lobby. Had to restart the system. Sucked!
Old 01-08-2013, 12:03 PM   #43
MVP

TCrouch's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoman
Any of you guys ever try Iracing? Ive always heard its the most realistic racing sim on the planet,but have never checked it out because it seemed a little pricey.
I play iRacing nightly. It's not any more expensive than any other hobby for what you get. It can be a lot tougher than one would be accustomed to. I had the experience of being a big fish in a little pond for most of my years of simracing. Whether it was racing buddies in leagues or reviewing here on this site, I was generally one of the fastest guys in every room I joined.

In iRacing, I'm a very, very small fish in a massive ocean. I routinely get dusted in every race, and my goals changed from "I want to win!" to "I want to finish decently" in a matter of weeks. But once you get out of the rookie fields, you can really work on your racecraft and car control. If you do it right, you'll be a much, much better driver after racing iRacing for a few months than you were going in.

It doesn't hurt that they have some of the best graphics going. As luck would have it, I snapped this last night with my phone looking out the windshield of a Fixed B Race at Michigan. Every car on the track is a real person, and racing games don't get much prettier than this:

iRacing is a perfect example of "you get what you pay for".
Old 01-08-2013, 01:31 PM   #44
Rookie

Bubba_Zanetti's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Any of you guys ever try Iracing? Ive always heard its the most realistic racing sim on the planet,but have never checked it out because it seemed a little pricey.
I've been on iRacing for about 16 months and I love it.

By far the most variety (tracks, cars, seasons etc.) of any racing game out there. The fact that it's a paid subscription actually deters the little jerkoffs that can ruin other people's online experience. For the most part, the iRacing community is pretty cordial to each other. Plus with their rating system, you are generally racing against people with the same skill level. A small downside is that any car or track you want that isn't part of the base content has to be bought (about $15 bucks).

I'm paraphrasing here but somebody onced summed iRacing up as: 1. If you're into Need For Speed type stuff forget about it. 2. If sim racing is a hobby (like me), it's actually a rather inexpensive hobby. 3. If you actually race, it's an invaluable tool.

Montreal Canadiens - Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Tampa Bay Rays - West Ham United - Montreal Impact - Jeff Gordon
Old 01-08-2013, 01:38 PM   #45
Rookie

Bubba_Zanetti's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Yeah Grid is more arcadey,granted, but love the fun factor and the awesome wrecks. Grid 2 is due out this year I believe,looking forward to checking that out.
Definately agree on the fun factor but the whole 'no in-car camera' thing kind of turns me off. Of course I might think differently when I see it. :-)

Got my fingers heavily crossed on Project CARS.

Montreal Canadiens - Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Tampa Bay Rays - West Ham United - Montreal Impact - Jeff Gordon
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-08-2013, 02:36 PM   #46
Content Creator

bluengold34_OS's Arena

OVR: 44

****UPDATE****

From Dave

"The Xbox #NTGIL patch has been approved for release by MS. It will be deployed on the 18th at 5am ET. PS3 is still in the submission process"
Old 01-08-2013, 02:42 PM   #47
MVP

TCrouch's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluengold34_OS
****UPDATE****

From Dave

"The Xbox #NTGIL patch has been approved for release by MS. It will be deployed on the 18th at 5am ET. PS3 is still in the submission process"
You know, I've tried not to be too negative with the stuff that made me quit playing the game...but there's a pattern here. I have to wait another 10 days (granted, it's only 10 days but when you've already waited months) just to be able to run a career with 10 to 20% races with 4X wear without every green flag stop turning into an AI caution-fest.

Frustrated, but I'm sure I'll fire it up on the 18th with all the hope in the world.
Old 01-08-2013, 03:48 PM   #48
Rookie

scoman's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba_Zanetti
I've been on iRacing for about 16 months and I love it.

By far the most variety (tracks, cars, seasons etc.) of any racing game out there. The fact that it's a paid subscription actually deters the little jerkoffs that can ruin other people's online experience. For the most part, the iRacing community is pretty cordial to each other. Plus with their rating system, you are generally racing against people with the same skill level. A small downside is that any car or track you want that isn't part of the base content has to be bought (about $15 bucks).

I'm paraphrasing here but somebody onced summed iRacing up as: 1. If you're into Need For Speed type stuff forget about it. 2. If sim racing is a hobby (like me), it's actually a rather inexpensive hobby. 3. If you actually race, it's an invaluable tool.

Bubba,or TCrouch
Is it possible to compete on a high level with the xbox type controller? or is it better to have a wheel?

Last edited by scoman; 01-08-2013 at 04:05 PM.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing »