Home

NASCAR The Game: Inside Line Patch Expected Later This Month, Details Included

This is a discussion on NASCAR The Game: Inside Line Patch Expected Later This Month, Details Included within the Racing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 01-08-2013, 03:51 PM   #49
Rookie

scoman's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: NASCAR The Game: Inside Line Patch Expected Later This Month, Details Included

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCrouch
You know, I've tried not to be too negative with the stuff that made me quit playing the game...but there's a pattern here. I have to wait another 10 days (granted, it's only 10 days but when you've already waited months) just to be able to run a career with 10 to 20% races with 4X wear without every green flag stop turning into an AI caution-fest.

Frustrated, but I'm sure I'll fire it up on the 18th with all the hope in the world.
Ive refrained from being negative also,but after last years debacle I have stayed away,waiting for the patch to drop and the feedback from this community before I even consider buying this time.
Old 01-08-2013, 04:09 PM   #50
Rookie

scoman's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: NASCAR The Game: Inside Line Patch Expected Later This Month, Details Included

Quote:
I play iRacing nightly. It's not any more expensive than any other hobby for what you get. It can be a lot tougher than one would be accustomed to. I had the experience of being a big fish in a little pond for most of my years of simracing. Whether it was racing buddies in leagues or reviewing here on this site, I was generally one of the fastest guys in every room I joined.

In iRacing, I'm a very, very small fish in a massive ocean. I routinely get dusted in every race, and my goals changed from "I want to win!" to "I want to finish decently" in a matter of weeks. But once you get out of the rookie fields, you can really work on your racecraft and car control. If you do it right, you'll be a much, much better driver after racing iRacing for a few months than you were going in.

It doesn't hurt that they have some of the best graphics going. As luck would have it, I snapped this last night with my phone looking out the windshield of a Fixed B Race at Michigan. Every car on the track is a real person, and racing games don't get much prettier than this:

iRacing is a perfect example of "you get what you pay for".
Sounds pretty good man, I think Im going have to get a subscription.
I'm just still wondering if i would need a wheel to be competitive or not,what is your opinion? also are there other car cams or is the in car mandatory?

Last edited by scoman; 01-08-2013 at 04:20 PM.
Old 01-08-2013, 05:07 PM   #51
MVP

TCrouch's Arena

OVR: 33

In-car is mandatory. I've spoken to a few guys who can use a controller, but those are mostly road racing guys.

I can't even fathom trying to race with a 360 controller on the ovals. It's almost a requirement to have a wheel or you won't be able to hold a line at all, and the higher up you go, the less tolerance people will have for that sort of driving.

I've been on the service since 2008, and have only spoken to maybe 5 guys in all that time that tried using a controller (and it usually came up because they weaved and wrecked somebody and mentioned they were on one), so I'd HIGHLY recommend going a wheel route--even a cheap wheel.

The best bang for your buck would probably be a Logitech Driving Force GT ($150):

http://www.logitech.com/en-us/produc...ce-gt?crid=714

or the G27 ($300):
http://www.logitech.com/en-us/produc...wheel?crid=714

The Driving Force GT is fine for getting some force feedback and "feeling" a car. It's the bottom end of the decent wheels, though. But if you're not too serious about it and just want to dabble, $150 for a wheel that works with all your PC games (and PS3 if you race on there) is pretty good.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-08-2013, 05:41 PM   #52
MVP

cusefan74's Arena

OVR: 20

Just in case you guys didn't see it yet, the 360 patch has been approved and will be out on the 18th. I have not seen anything on the PS3 patch yet.
Old 01-08-2013, 05:42 PM   #53
MVP

TCrouch's Arena

OVR: 33

A few posts up, but thanks. It got cluttered with the iRacing hijack, sorry
Old 01-09-2013, 12:06 AM   #54
Rookie

Bubba_Zanetti's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
In-car is mandatory. I've spoken to a few guys who can use a controller, but those are mostly road racing guys.

I can't even fathom trying to race with a 360 controller on the ovals. It's almost a requirement to have a wheel or you won't be able to hold a line at all, and the higher up you go, the less tolerance people will have for that sort of driving.

I've been on the service since 2008, and have only spoken to maybe 5 guys in all that time that tried using a controller (and it usually came up because they weaved and wrecked somebody and mentioned they were on one), so I'd HIGHLY recommend going a wheel route--even a cheap wheel.

The best bang for your buck would probably be a Logitech Driving Force GT ($150):

http://www.logitech.com/en-us/produc...ce-gt?crid=714

or the G27 ($300):
http://www.logitech.com/en-us/produc...wheel?crid=714

The Driving Force GT is fine for getting some force feedback and "feeling" a car. It's the bottom end of the decent wheels, though. But if you're not too serious about it and just want to dabble, $150 for a wheel that works with all your PC games (and PS3 if you race on there) is pretty good.
Everything above pretty much nails it. Wheel. Wheel. Wheel. And my apologies too for hijacking this thread.

Montreal Canadiens - Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Tampa Bay Rays - West Ham United - Montreal Impact - Jeff Gordon
Old 01-17-2013, 09:05 PM   #55
Content Creator

bluengold34_OS's Arena

OVR: 44
Just a reminder....the patch drops tomorrow morning for 360 users. Not sure on PS3 yet -

Sent from my SGH-i917 using Board Express
Old 01-17-2013, 11:47 PM   #56
#BurghProud

BurghFan's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluengold34_OS
Just a reminder....the patch drops tomorrow morning for 360 users. Not sure on PS3 yet -

Sent from my SGH-i917 using Board Express
Hmph! Why do us PS3 people always have to wait longer.

Steelers: IX, X, XIII, XIV, XL, XLIII
Penguins:1990/91, 1991/92, 2008/09, 20015/16, 2016/17
Pirates:1909, 1925, 1960, 1971, 1979
Panthers (FB): 1915, 1916, 1918, 1929, 1931, 1934, 1936, 1937, 1976
Panthers (MBB): 1927/28, 1929/30
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing »