Home

NASCAR The Game: Inside Line Patch Expected Later This Month, Details Included

This is a discussion on NASCAR The Game: Inside Line Patch Expected Later This Month, Details Included within the Racing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 01-18-2013, 04:15 PM   #65
Content Creator

bluengold34_OS's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: NASCAR The Game: Inside Line Patch Expected Later This Month, Details Included

Here are my findings after racing at Richmond and Atlanta

Diff - Med(just for testing purposes)
Length 50%
Tire/Fuel wear X2
Damage - Visual (testing only)
Controller - Xbox 360 controller

Richmond - As far as reports of A.I. pitting every few laps - I saw absolutely no signs of this at all. I also no signs of break checking other then turn 1 on lap 1 - which is to be expected. Saw none of it after that.

Atlanta - Saw signs of of break checking still here consistently. I saw in on the front stretch often, and also in turn 2 I believe. It may have something to do with the AI on med - but limited time, just trying to get some results out.
Old 01-18-2013, 04:19 PM   #66
MVP

TCrouch's Arena

OVR: 33
Re: NASCAR The Game: Inside Line Patch Expected Later This Month, Details Included

I'd be curious what you see on Hard or Champion. If they still brake so hard on Champion that they're impossible to miss, or even on Hard, that's still a big one in my book. Because the AI are so much tougher to beat on Champion, having to drive defensively to avoid weird issues with their line makes it that much harder.

Thanks for all of this info, though, man.
Old 01-18-2013, 04:34 PM   #67
Content Creator

bluengold34_OS's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCrouch
I'd be curious what you see on Hard or Champion. If they still brake so hard on Champion that they're impossible to miss, or even on Hard, that's still a big one in my book. Because the AI are so much tougher to beat on Champion, having to drive defensively to avoid weird issues with their line makes it that much harder.

Thanks for all of this info, though, man.
No problem Terry. I wish I had more time, but a bit limited right now. Am going to do so more testing tonight moving the difficulty up to Hard, then eventually Champion -
Old 01-18-2013, 07:20 PM   #68
MVP

Hunkerdown's Arena

OVR: 16

See i can take dust off and try some testing after patch, I will check on hard a as well, what other settings you guys using?
Old 01-18-2013, 11:05 PM   #69
Th* *p*r*t**n *f Sp*rts

CS10029's Arena

OVR: 32

Just seen the stupid bug when a car pits the lap after a caution restart. Which causes the entire inside lane to slow down to a crawl. So disappointing...
I don't like the Yankees, I like the Red Sox, I don't like the Lakers, I like the Celtics, I hate the Canadiens and I love the Bruins. Soccer is the best sport on Earth, but most Americans are too ignorant to realize it. I am American.

This is My Music:
www.youtube.com/user/christoffascott
Old 01-20-2013, 04:16 AM   #70
World Series Champions!!

Cubfan's Arena

OVR: 20

The two issues that keep annoying me about offline is the constant brake checking on straight a ways and the constant pitting by the AI. Im racing at Michigan with 1x tire wear and the cars in the last 10 spots on the track are going to the pits. I did see a couple of cars make a green flag stop and got on and off pit lane without issue.
NBA: Chicago Bulls
NCAA: Iowa Hawkeyes
Old 01-21-2013, 10:09 AM   #71
MVP

TCrouch's Arena

OVR: 33

Tried it for a few races. I did 10% race with 4x wear, and cars at Phoenix were pitting after 6 laps. There was enough fuel to make it 18, but apparently they made the tires wear out so fast that the crew chief is screaming at you to come in and get new tires after a few laps, so that must be what the AI is doing. They stopped 3 times in a race that should have been a one-stopper.

Then the hilarious "fix" they gave for the cautions after green flag stops. The AI still swerves right back up into traffic--they just made it a clip-through vehicle with no collision detection! That's how they avoided the pile ups...just make it so the car can't be hit! That's absurd.

The brake check is alive and well...being forced to take an outside lane so I can avoid the coming-to-a-crawl inside line is a little nuts. I'm pretty sure I'm done with this game for a good long while. Waited and waited for this patch, and after 3 or 4 career races, I honestly don't know what it changed on my long list of things I hated.

Driving around on my own is incredible. Other cars on the track is an absolute mess.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-21-2013, 02:58 PM   #72
Content Creator

bluengold34_OS's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCrouch
Tried it for a few races. I did 10% race with 4x wear, and cars at Phoenix were pitting after 6 laps. There was enough fuel to make it 18, but apparently they made the tires wear out so fast that the crew chief is screaming at you to come in and get new tires after a few laps, so that must be what the AI is doing. They stopped 3 times in a race that should have been a one-stopper.

Then the hilarious "fix" they gave for the cautions after green flag stops. The AI still swerves right back up into traffic--they just made it a clip-through vehicle with no collision detection! That's how they avoided the pile ups...just make it so the car can't be hit! That's absurd.

The brake check is alive and well...being forced to take an outside lane so I can avoid the coming-to-a-crawl inside line is a little nuts. I'm pretty sure I'm done with this game for a good long while. Waited and waited for this patch, and after 3 or 4 career races, I honestly don't know what it changed on my long list of things I hated.

Driving around on my own is incredible. Other cars on the track is an absolute mess.
Well that sucks - Haven't had any time to do more testing then what I initially did on day one. I trust your word though, and now have to hope another patch or two can fix this. Only console NASCAR game we have - I need to enjoy it for what it is.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing »