Home

NASCAR Heat Evolution Available, Post Your Impressions Here

This is a discussion on NASCAR Heat Evolution Available, Post Your Impressions Here within the Racing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-13-2016, 08:11 PM   #57
Data Logger

StoneCalf's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: NASCAR Heat Evolution Available, Post Your Impressions Here

Stayed up too late last night to go ahead and dig into this. Let me first say that I was a fan of Monster Games' Heat series way back, so I was all in on this from the start, zero hesitation. (maybe foolish but whatever)

When I began, I went directly into career mode. I didn't love how you are forced from the get-go to into two preliminary scenarios where you have to finish in the top 30 (only a 5 lap race, then a 7 lapper, I think). Wasn't too difficult to meet the goal, but it made me drive more aggressive than I wanted. When I race, I try to race clean and realistic. When I see the youtube videos where they're always balls to the wall and just run over and ram people, it's a turn-off, but to each his own.

Anyway, I'm playing on X1 with an elite controller, and I have no qualms with the feel or control. I just played on default controller settings (haven't tweaked the sensitivity). Also note that I'm not really sure what adaptive AI settings it's on, whatever default is, is what I'm doing. I do have physics on normal, but I set career difficulty to "hard", for whatever that's worth. Also doing 2x fuel and tire wear, and all flags.

On to the Daytona 500. Race 1 a take a few practice laps, then qualify dead last at 52.626 seconds, top speed was a paltry 178, but that's ok, because career is all about starting out lowly and working your way up. Pole position was Denny Hamlin at 50.214. Race was very good. There was one caution (that I did not cause) that involved polesitter Hamlin (he finished 40th, 13 laps down). I managed to finish 26th. Might have been able to get a top 20, because, as I mentioned, I race as clean as possible, and didn't just thrust myself haphazardly into dicey situations. Winner was Dale Jr. Racing 13% race length, so I think that put this race at 27 laps, and that took 29 minutes.

Next race was Folds of Honor 500 at Hotlanta. Qualified last again at 34.824 seconds, while #48 JJ claimed the pole at 31.506. Finished 28th on the lead lap. Was on pace for finishing 23rd, but a late race caution (another one not caused by me) set me back on the restart. Happy Harvick took the checkered in that one. 42 laps total race.

That's all I got in last night, but will continue tonight. So far, I'm not disappointed. As others have mentioned, the visuals are nothing to write home about, but that's not critical for me. The issue I had with the recent Nascar the game/inside line series was the A.I.

One thing I had read on Heat Evolution is the developers stated that some previous games had the CPU cars running on 2 rails/racing lines around the track. This one they claim that there are no rails nor predetermined racing lines and that each car does its own thing. From what I've seen I can't question that.

I also agree that the game does feel a bit basic, and not really fleshed out. I'm ok with that, as long as the main things are nailed first, being gameplay and career progression. The developer decided to toss all of the previous game code that they inherited from the previous developer, and start from scratch, or near scratch as they did mention in a developer diary that they did reference some of their past work form the old heat games.

Would like to see a paint booth, but that's not a deal killer. Maybe that will be DLC'd in later. There are some interesting shop upgrades that can be purchased, so I've got my fingers crossed that career mode is solid.

Favorite aspect so far: I love how I can hold my line and not be a common instigator of accidents. In my two races, I had slight and unintentional contact with one other car. It did spin the other car, but he gathered it up and there was no caution.

Jury is still out but I'm encouraged from what I've seen so far. Ok, gonna go play some SW Battlefront with my daughter, then hope to get in a few more races tonight.
18 time National Champions
53 Conference Championships
NCAA 14: 614-182
Old 09-13-2016, 08:19 PM   #58
MVP

dave360's Arena

OVR: 17

Here's my impressions after a good hour or so on the PC version. I will only play single player. I have iRacing for multiplayer.

First off the negatives
No look left or look right buttons? You can't have oval racing without those.

Please let us configure controls. When I race with a controller, I like to "forzafy it". Shift up on B, Shift down on X.

My wheel a Thrustmaster T500RS needs to be setup in the config file. Didn't have much time to mess with that so I just used an XBOX controller.

Unlock all the tracks at the start. There are those of us who only want Bristol, Richmond, Martinsville, Watkins Glen and Sonoma. I don't care about the cookie cutter 1.5 mile tracks or the plate tracks. Let me race what I want right from the start.

Now to the positives

This is just fun. This is hands down the best AI in an oval game since NR2003. As some have said, I'd like to see some pack racing at Tally/Daytona, but otherwise I'm really happy with the AI. They give space and take space.

This is the first NASCAR game that triple screens just worked right out of the gate. No endless messing with config files, it just started right up.

I'm very pleased with it and will be picking up the PS4 version tomorrow as well to have some fun with. I have a feeling that this is the start of something great. I bought NASCAR 14 and 15 and regretted the purchase immediately. Sure it's probably not worth $60 and it lacks the polish, beauty, features, and feel of F1 2016, but it's a damn good start for Monster and it's easily the best NASCAR game since Papy turned into iRacing. I'm anxious to see what NASCAR Heat modders can do with the game. I'd love to see Trucks, xFinity, and the other road courses in the game as well.

Last edited by dave360; 09-13-2016 at 08:21 PM.
Old 09-13-2016, 08:44 PM   #59
MVP

bravesfan1984's Arena

OVR: 6

I've had limited time playing, but I have to say it is AMAZING to have an AI that doesn't run rails and freight train you all the time. To be able to actually race is a breath of fresh air. Sure, the graphics aren't breathtaking, but I've had a blast racing. Still need to figure out the braking because that is extremely sensitive!

Old 09-13-2016, 09:45 PM   #60
MVP

brandon27's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by bravesfan1984
I've had limited time playing, but I have to say it is AMAZING to have an AI that doesn't run rails and freight train you all the time. To be able to actually race is a breath of fresh air. Sure, the graphics aren't breathtaking, but I've had a blast racing. Still need to figure out the braking because that is extremely sensitive!
Braking is killing me too... I've got the sensitivity on low too and im still struggling with it. You're not alone.
Old 09-14-2016, 12:01 AM   #61
Rookie

OVR: 0
NASCAR Heat Evolution Available, Post Your Impressions Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by bravesfan1984
I was just about to post the exact same question. I'd like to know this as well.
About the beer cars

IMG_1121.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-14-2016, 01:00 AM   #62
Rookie

OVR: 6

Here's my .02:

This is the best flag-to-flag NASCAR game I've played. The racing on the track is nothing short of amazing. I wish I could have captured video of the race I just had at Auto Club, I was on the edge of my seat the whole time as Keselowski (me), Jimmie and Logano raced for second place over the course of about 12 laps while Harvick pulled away for the win. It was the most intense racing experience I've ever had.

This game is light-years ahead of what Eutechnyx put out last gen. Yes, it has flaws and is missing some bells and whistles that will hopefully be added in the future -- I can't believe we don't get replays of incidents on the track, especially when they involve AI cars -- but the racing right now out of the box is first class and that alone will keep me invested for quite some time.
Old 09-14-2016, 02:45 AM   #63
Pro

benton32's Arena

OVR: 11

UMMMMMM i dunno maybe im missing something but ummmm my thought so far on this game ummm im not to super happy but maybe if i play it more...

this is what happened at Daytona in my race granted i didnt have a Driver Rating for this track yet maybe this is why.... but check this out... how spread out they are at daytona and i was catching everyone so easy, at least the back 10-15 cars.. i was almost a lap down and then caught up, the AI is even moving outta the way at times for me lol.. hmm ill have to play alil more..

and then i was racing the next race at atlanta and at times my car would lose control way to easy when someone hardly tapped me... but anyways this daytona race confused me.. i even had damage,

Part of the race i got.
https://youtu.be/2qS0AB8odTU
Old 09-14-2016, 09:02 AM   #64
#1 conrhusker fan

huskerfan4life's Arena

OVR: 13

does anyone know if they are going to do a forum kind of like what F1 2016 has where players of the game can get together and chat about the game and race set-ups, if not does anyone know of a website or forum that is like this?

Follow Me On Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/bigbadjz

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing »