Home

MXGP 3 Announced, Arrives in the Spring Using Unreal Engine 4 - Teaser Trailer

This is a discussion on MXGP 3 Announced, Arrives in the Spring Using Unreal Engine 4 - Teaser Trailer within the Racing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-29-2017, 09:27 AM   #33
MVP

OVR: 19
Re: MXGP 3 Announced, Arrives in the Spring Using Unreal Engine 4 - Teaser Trailer

For once in my life living in the mid west paid off..lol

6 PM CST

Think I will check out Glen Helen first (Dry/Wet)
Old 05-29-2017, 08:49 PM   #34
MVP

Re: MXGP 3 Announced, Arrives in the Spring Using Unreal Engine 4 - Teaser Trailer

Spent about 1 1/2 hours playing.

Love the tracks....they look great.

I'm running pro physics....bike feels about how I expected...Did notice when I hooked up on a couple of the corners my rider kicked his boot out (very cool).

I think the bike and rider look ok...ton's of gear to choose from...you have to unlock with coins...seems pretty easy to rack up coins though....I already unlocked a full set of fox gear and upgraded one 450 already.

Dont like only being able to put 6 letters on the back of the jersey...my last name has more than that....minor detail....stinks though.

The sound is better than last year although it still isn't quite right...I seem to have panic rev level more than I should....hard to explain.

I ran 3 races against the AI...1 on very easy and 2 on easy. The two on easy I had to actually work/think a little to pass the leader....one race I even finished second.

I ran one race in random weather and got heavy rain....not sure I'm a fan of this.....it was cool and the track was muddy/slick/etc....I just dont enjoy it..that's probably a testament to how decent the effect is...lol

The moisture on the tracks is pretty cool....for example Glen Helen is wet at the bottom of the big hill and dry at the top....like the water ran off when they watered the track...nice touch.

Early on however I feel this is living up to what I expected.

Last edited by Richzilla; 05-29-2017 at 08:52 PM.
Old 05-30-2017, 06:50 AM   #35
JMD
MVP

JMD's Arena

OVR: 16

I ran 5 lap single races on 16 of the tracks last night. My first impression I'm a bit disappointed. I was expecting to be blown away by the look and feel of this game but I'm not. It feels ok but the graphics are a let down, I think MXGP2 looks much cleaner and crisper.

What I like: The track designs are great. They flow much nicer. The bikes feel more realistic however at times they can seem a bit floaty , not enough weight to them. The A.I. is much improved. Had some great battles and they were nicely spread out on the track, not all in the same line.

What I don't like: Graphics a bit of a let down for me, I was hoping this would have Gran Turismo type graphics.
They limited the number of letters you can use on your jersey to 6, stupid move, my name won't fit now.
Still no where near enough graphic kits for the bikes.

As I said at first glance I felt the game was a bit let down but the more I played the better the game got. I'll be starting my career today so I'll be back with more comments.

I was just reading comments on MXGP's facebook page. many people are complaining about bugs, mostly online and in career mode. One guy said in his career he ran Moto 1 at Keegums and when Moto 2 loaded up he was at Matterly Basin ? That's messed up.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-30-2017, 09:08 AM   #36
JMD
MVP

JMD's Arena

Just ran a few more races. The game definitely gets better as you get the feel of it down. I decided to try the on the bike view instead of looking at the rider, big improvement for me make the game looks way better. Also wet tracks are nice but the rain looks ridiculous.

EDIT: I'm now about to start the 5th race of my first season. I've been using the on the bike view and it's made the game much better for me. I think it looks way better and the handling is great.

Last edited by JMD; 05-30-2017 at 01:25 PM.
Old 05-30-2017, 09:46 AM   #37
JMD
MVP

JMD's Arena

Just took my new Husqvarna 250 for a spin.
https://youtu.be/lauohBsNLPw
Old 05-30-2017, 07:45 PM   #38
MVP

Great video....I checked it out.

I think your on to something with that view. It looks amazing.

Thought the bikes looked just ok anyway and that view takes out the 6 letter jersey issue.

Let's you focus on looking at that beautiful track.
Old 05-30-2017, 08:10 PM   #39
MVP

JMD what are you doing to get good starts out of the gate...I'm getting smoked off the line.

I feel like Tomac last weekend.
Old 05-31-2017, 01:37 PM   #40
JMD
MVP

JMD's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richzilla
JMD what are you doing to get good starts out of the gate...I'm getting smoked off the line.

I feel like Tomac last weekend.
I'm not getting good starts either. I think we are supposed to use the rev counter but I have it turned off. They have an explanation under Extras/Tutorials.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing »