Home

NASCAR HEAT 2 Hands-On Preview, Coming to Consoles this Fall

This is a discussion on NASCAR HEAT 2 Hands-On Preview, Coming to Consoles this Fall within the Racing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-24-2017, 03:35 PM   #9
MVP

Turbojugend's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NASCAR HEAT 2 Hands-On Preview, Coming to Consoles this Fall

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluengold34_OS
Yes - from what I was told that damage physics/model has been redone with results that they described as "much better" implementation and results. Now that had not been implemented yet in the version I played, but I will def report back on it when I visit in late July -
Thanks for the updates. I think we have some fairly critical but diehard NASCAR gamers on this board, I'm definitely one of them. 704 seems like they're doing the best with what they've got, as long as they continue to move the series forward in significant ways they'll have my purchase.
Old 06-25-2017, 03:22 PM   #10
All Star

Lieutenant Dan's Arena

OVR: 31

Great article, Bob, thank you

I like what I'm hearing so far, but I'd like to see more about how the game is coming together technically. I've been getting quite spoiled by the F1 series for smooth gameplay, presentation and graphics, and this game, frankly, needs to hang with that to get my wallet open. If it can do everything else well but can't stay solid and smooth, I'm not in.

HDR/4k is not even a demand I have for this series; just a smooth steady frame rate and graphics at least ALMOST as good as F1 2016. Hopefully presentation values overall in that arena as well with sound, broadcast style replays, etc.

I am figuring you are holding off commenting on the graphics, in all fairness, until you play a later build and I'm fully understanding of that. I will await further word on my concerns with your future articles on this.

Thanks again, Bob. Like I said...a lot to like so far but my biggest boxes still need to be checked.

OS Dibs: Anna Kendrick

Elite Dangerous on One X has become my life.

Proud PS5 and Xbox Series X Owner
"Best of Both Worlds"

Last edited by Lieutenant Dan; 06-25-2017 at 03:27 PM.
Old 06-25-2017, 04:12 PM   #11
MVP

Godgers12's Arena

Any chance that there will be some sort of online career mode?

If walls could talk to spill the lies, we'd see the world through devils eyes
-M. Shadows
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-25-2017, 05:08 PM   #12
Rookie

Really hoping for an engaging career mode. Probably the only way I'd buy it. Back in the day they used to do career mode quite well where you had to earn your way up through the ranks.

I really enjoy individual sports for career modes (i.e. boxing, nascar, tennis, etc.). You can make them really expansive. Kinda like Fight Night Champion. It was cinematic, but fun because it foused on YOU. Would love that in Nascar. Having things like rivals, sponsorships, etc.
Old 06-26-2017, 09:26 PM   #13
Content Creator

bluengold34_OS's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lieutenant Dan
Great article, Bob, thank you

I like what I'm hearing so far, but I'd like to see more about how the game is coming together technically. I've been getting quite spoiled by the F1 series for smooth gameplay, presentation and graphics, and this game, frankly, needs to hang with that to get my wallet open. If it can do everything else well but can't stay solid and smooth, I'm not in.

HDR/4k is not even a demand I have for this series; just a smooth steady frame rate and graphics at least ALMOST as good as F1 2016. Hopefully presentation values overall in that arena as well with sound, broadcast style replays, etc.

I am figuring you are holding off commenting on the graphics, in all fairness, until you play a later build and I'm fully understanding of that. I will await further word on my concerns with your future articles on this.

Thanks again, Bob. Like I said...a lot to like so far but my biggest boxes still need to be checked.
Appreciate it Dan - holding off on quite a bit until I play that final build. Like I mentioned, so much is trending in the right direction -- just need to see where it's at when it crosses the finish line. I'll have one more article out with a final preview before retail drops -
Old 06-28-2017, 12:36 PM   #14
Rookie

OPDriver's Arena

OVR: 2

Really high hopes for this years game. Hope the physics and damage are better as Bob said.

2014 OSFC CHAMPION
Old 06-28-2017, 01:34 PM   #15
Content Creator

bluengold34_OS's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by OPDriver
Really high hopes for this years game. Hope the physics and damage are better as Bob said.
I think you will appreciate all the upgrades in this years title quite a bit. Like I mentioned before, when I go to the office again in July, I'll write up the last preview before the review - it will be much more extensive in detail.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-29-2017, 05:58 AM   #16
JMD
MVP

JMD's Arena

OVR: 16

Game play footage
https://www.gamespot.com/articles/th.../1100-6451272/

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing »