View Single Post
Old 03-13-2008, 02:03 PM   #13
MachoMyers
Old School

MachoMyers's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Thursday Morning Other Stuff (3-13-08)

Quote:
Originally Posted by stewaat
If I'm using a barbell with 5lb weights on the side...I use clamps. You will NEVER see me not use clamps. It takes a couple extra seconds and provides insurance to your lifts.

Hate is a strong word but it applies to my feelings towards people who think they are the **** in the gym but they are really just trying to overcompensate for some other short coming in life!

Yes I'm mean

QOTD: I'm pretty sure I discussed my Madden victory over a Madden Challenge winner. Short version: Played in Madden tourney and faced MC winner 1st round...held on for the victory...was one of two white people there...got respect from the brothers...money being tossed around on my game like crazy.
If your using clamps and lifting heavy weights by yourself you are really asking for trouble. Your one saving grace is to have the weights slide right off the bar. I've seen many, many people nearly choke themselves to death because of clamps.

Its much better to be embarrassed and have the weights go crashing down then be dead.

But then again, its always wise to use a spotter. Even if your as cool as Steve's workout buddy.

QOTD:
I lost to a guy by one point in the arcades on NFL Blitz. It turned out that they guy was the #1 player at that arcade. He was sweating and cursing the whole game and I was just amazed it was so close. Sure I lost and it was Blitz but I must have only been about 13 years old.