View Single Post
Old 03-15-2008, 06:09 PM   #4
theaub
Stop! Homer Time!

theaub's Arena

OVR: 35
Re: Crazy/Weird/Gross experiences at games

When I went to the International Bowl a couple years ago, this guy was incredibly drunk by the time the game started. When Cincinnati scored, the guy took a swig of beer, and just spit it straight up in the air (think HHH with the water bottle). It landed right on this family of four behind him, who left to get security. It must've taken them awhile to find someone, since by the time they came back it was the second quarter. Anyhow the following conversation occurs:

Security Guard: Sir, were you spitting beer on anyone?
Guy: Not since the first quarter!
Security Guard: OK *turns and walks away*

The family is just standing there with the biggest WTF look on their face, and the guy's friends + everyone else are just on the ground laughing. In the end they just left. I sort of felt bad, but it was one of the funniest things I've ever seen.

As for baseball, I was at a Toronto/Baltimore game about 6 years ago (so when I was 12) and Jay Gibbons hit an absolute bomb foul into the 500 level (upper deck at Skydome). Since the Jays suck, no one sits up there so the ball bounced around and eventually bounced down to the lower level. As I was coming down the aisle with some food, I see the ball falling. I put the food down and go into a bit of a sprint to get down there. Just as some guy reaches out for it, I leap and somehow snag it. As I land, I turn around and see this guy giving me the biggest death stare I've ever seen. I think the guy was homeless, he had the scruffy beard, ripped t-shirt and everything. For the next ten minutes, the guy just was staring me down.

At the end of the inning, the guy gets up to leave, and he took my food (which I forgot to go back and get) and left. I had the ball, but I was still pissed