View Single Post
Old 05-01-2008, 11:37 PM   #16
thmst30
MVP

OVR: 25
Re: new madden 09 trailer

WOW ATMOSPHERE AND PRESENTATION, Who would of thunk it. Its about damn time EA, its about damn time. Seriously though just the simple outside stadium shots, pre-game fireworks, camera flashes, and TV style presentation adds so much to games like this and its GREAT to see EA finally come around, at least on Madden. Also the new lighting system is absolutely beautiful, much much much improved over last year. The gameplay looked much better than the IGN vid, looked smoother. Also the shaky cam behind Moss seems just like a nice little breakaway feature, and the custom TD celebrations seem like they might also be a nice little feature that adds some needed depth and detail to this game. So that video is miles ahead of the craptastic vid on IGN. I'm actually impressed by a Madden video for the first time in years. The gameplay had to be on rookie because the little icons under the players always told the player what to do and how to do it, I doubt thats on the higher difficulty settings. Its all about what Peter Moore is trying to do and make these games easier to pick up and play to the general public. So I'd say almost 100% certain that was rookie level.

Last edited by thmst30; 05-01-2008 at 11:39 PM.