View Single Post
Old 05-08-2008, 02:24 PM   #17
kenneth33
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: new gamespot interview video and official movie 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by BezO
It's not a "pocket" problem. It's a blocking mechanic problem. Yes, there is a curved formation in front of the QB, but the DEs are still stuck to the OTs. It looks like a pocket, but I don't think this is what most have in mind.

2 things I'd like to see: 1. A system where the blocker & defender don't always engage. They need a way for blocks to be successful without the defender getting stuck to the blocker. Sometimes a successful block is simply sealing a defender off. Blockers shouldn't be able to stop defenders from moving laterally without holding.

2. The engaged blocks need some mobility. When players are engaged, they need to be able to flow towards the play. This is another way a block can be successful without nulifiying the defender completely, or pancaking him. The blocker should be able to ride the defender beyond the play.

With this "pocket" we see in the vids, QBs can still moonwalk out of the pocket because these 2 things are not in the game. It doesn't matter that the DE/OT get depth if they're still stuck to eachother. The DEs need to be able to move freely, except through the OT. Add some hand fighting.

I did see one promising clip where an Auburn DE was touched by an OT but didn't engage. But I think it was because of a well timed swim move. But it looked perfect.
There is a way to stop that moonwalking easy use dbl outside LB blitz!!! Yes i know we should not have to do it but it can be stopped very simple... As for a gaming being sim well it's kind of hard to my someone play sim just look at allpro2k8 some of the online ppl do the same thing dropping back going to the side line all i can say is thank god for friend list on the 360!!