Old 06-11-2008, 09:41 PM   #14
bigwill33
MVP

bigwill33's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: NHL 09 Preview

Quote:
Originally Posted by asianflow
"As they celebrate their centennial in the league you will see old time players without helmets and a special in game addition that EA was pretty hush hush on at this time for the Habs it appears."

Legends are in the game? This must be one of the things EA is holding back. It would be sweet to see HoF'ers like Orr, Messier, Kurri, Coffey, Gretzky, Howe, Richard, Hull, Yzerman, Harvey, Langway, Bossy, etc.. in the game.

I haven't read all the previews but I wonder if EA has put in the option of changing the game clock by whatever minute we want instead of 5/10/20 mins. Also I wonder if goalies like Turco and Brodeur will come out of their net more often to play the puck.
The only team that is likely to have the old timers is Montreal as I stated because they are having their 100th anniversary.

There will be no other old time players in the game unfortunately.

Game clock is still only 5, 10 and 20 minutes for period options.

Goalies when controlled by the computer will play even more like their real life counterparts. Those goalies were more likely to play the puck in '08 though, so it might not be that drastic of a change from this year.