View Single Post
Old 08-02-2008, 01:02 AM   #7
dkrause1971
All Star

OVR: 24
Re: NCAA Football 09 Patch Details (Pasta Padre)

Quote:
Originally Posted by janglar
I ain't rolling the dice and downloading any buggy rosters off the net, I am ready to edit them myself like I do every year. I got 28 teams saved on 2 USB drives, and I can't get anymore due to the PS3 freezing or resetting anytime I try to add any more players. I got a question: All my profiles and rosters are saved on my USB drives. I copy them on to the PS3 hard drive to play 2 player games with the teams I have named and the user profiles. After we are done playing, I save the user profiles, copy the user profiles back onto the USB to update the records, and then erase the rosaters and profiles from my PS3 hard drive. Now, when the roster patch update does come out, I will be updating the patch onto the game with no edited rosters or profiles on the hard drive when the process is being performed. Now once the roster patch is downloaded to the game with no roster files on the hard drive when the patch was applied, can I then copy my saved rosters off the USB to the PS3 hard drive with no bugs? In other words, can I now edit the rest of my rosters with no freezes or resets or will I have to start all over again? Thank you anybody for taking my question
No, the patch will read the database of the roster when you load then regardless of where they are saved. You saving this stuff on a different drive is irrevelent. As to whether you'll have to start over- no one would know until the patch is out and the patch does that first database check for corruptions. We could have everyones fail or just a few. We don't know.