View Single Post
Old 10-30-2008, 01:36 PM   #10
Kully
MVP

Kully's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Quick-Hitting NBA 2K9 Defensive Strategies

The funny thing about chemistry, I ended up turning it off after a while. It is a good addition, but I feel that this year, like in previous NBA 2K games, the boosts provided by team chemistry to player ratings was too high. I shut it off after a year in my association.

I want to agree with jfsolo, but there is something in my gut trying to tell me that there has to be more to it, that I'm missing something. The AI will "half ***" it too much for me. It's not nearly enough for me to hate the game (I enjoy 2K9 when I'm not yelling at the screen lol), but it's enough to be an annoyance.

It seems I have to babysit all the CPU teammates equally. My forwards will want to switch on screens even if the screen misses and I'm still locked on to the offensive player, leaving their man open. Battier will let CJ Miles backdoor him a couple times a quarter, Artest will slowly chase his man off a screen. It just feels like something is wrong at my end or something, even though I keep opponents to a respectable fg percentage.