View Single Post
Old 11-28-2008, 02:42 PM   #26
SoxFan01605
All Star

SoxFan01605's Arena

OVR: 38
Re: Major League Baseball 2K9 Info Coming Monday?

Quote:
Originally Posted by YankeePride
HAHAHA, so Brinkman is the devil because the graphics suffered in 2k8?

Wow, and here I thought that everyone kept talking about just wanting a better product out of the box. Instead, people are upset because the graphics suffered.

Man, I just don't know anymore. Why do I even change the channel to Comedy Central when I have this board?
lol...I highly doubt people would be saying too much about the graphics if there was anything they significantly improved over 2K7's gameplay. Yes, some things were done better in 2K8, but do you think it was enough to warrant the huge hit in graphics and framerate, the drop in presentation and lighting?

I agree that villifying Brinkman is over the top. It's not directly Brinkman's fault (though he rightfully shoulders the blame as he was the lead...ever been in charge of anything?). Kush/2KLA was a mess before he got there. His only personal failure, IMO, was allowing that mess to continue. That said, when someone is made out to be some type of "savior" and overdelivers the propoganda while underdelivering on results, people tend to notice. When a product takes big steps backwards without making enough steps forward, consumers notice. You would too if you weren't so busy watching Comedy Central...j/k