Old 01-22-2009, 09:08 PM   #29
SoxFan01605
All Star

SoxFan01605's Arena

OVR: 38
Re: Getting info in a matter of minutes

Quote:
Originally Posted by baa7
LOL. This will be the first time in three years I DO pick the game up on opening day... although I still may come to my senses and wait until I read some impressions.
lol...let me try and talk you down a bit (if you're wondering, I had to give myself the same talk...lol). While the new mechanic certainly sounds great, let's not forget that it doesn't mean the overall pitcher-batter matchup and results have been improved.

Meaning that if you still have the meatballs, poor hit variety, excessive HRs, no walks, etc. It will be a well-controlled mess...lol. Add to that, suspect framerate, poor lighting, etc. and it's not too much different. Not saying that will be the case, by any means, just tossing out the possibility.

Not trying to convince you one way or the other and I AM NOT saying this game will not fix what ailed it. We don't know. Just explaining why I've tempered my own excitement about this particular feature.

I'm extremely intrigued by this game now, I can't pretend otherwise. BUT, 2K8 (and in many ways, it's predecessors) is still painfully etched in my mind as an example where hype and substance don't necessarily meet.

Personally, I'll be waiting for reviews, give it a rent, and go from there. I admit though, it went from a "no way, no how" to an "if this is even close, I'm sold" potential purchase...lol.

Last edited by SoxFan01605; 01-22-2009 at 09:11 PM.