View Single Post
Old 01-29-2009, 10:16 AM   #23
bigfnjoe96
Hall Of Fame

bigfnjoe96's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: Major League Baseball 2K9 Preview (Teamxbox)

Very encouraging preview. The damage control was in effect with the Frame Rate Disclaimer, which to tell you the truth I am glad was mentioned. Though I understand people's caution, remember were not dealing with KUSH Games anymore, were dealing with VC.

Some stuff that caught my eye:

Quote:
One of the keys, Thomas claimed, is that they wanted to make the game more accessible to first-time players, but without sacrificing the intricacy for veterans.
I'm very hopeful about this statement. We've seen some hints towards this, with the pitching. Making it a little easier yet challenging with the ability for the user add that 3rd process when using the Analog Stick.

I really hope we get a preview where the writer uses the Zone Hitting Mechanic so we can get some info on how it works.

Quote:
being able to affect whether you’ll be putting down a hard grounder, nailing a line-drive rope or getting some oomph into it for a potential home-run ball is big.
Sounds we might be getting the hit variety we've been looking for

Quote:
this demo seemed to have a solid frame rate and sharp visuals, which is encouraging. Thomas also said that “more signature style” has been added—over 300 signature animations in this installment—which will make the presentation that much more realistic during game play, especially if you’re playing with your home-town favorite team.
Love the addition of Signatures Styles, glad to hear the visuals look sharp.
Quote:
Among other things, Thomas said that it’s been designed for the announcers to make pertinent observations, perhaps having a thought interrupted by a play, only to pick back up on the previous banter when the play is over. It’s that kind of tweak to the game that takes what could be seen as a trivial addition and makes it actually more important in having the play-by-play seem more natural and genuine to what you’d hear in a real TV broadcast of a game.
I am so excited that were getting new commentary. It looks like VC has tried vary hard to make the presentation seem more like a real TV Broadcast. This series has lack this for the last couple of years.

Things I would've like to heard more about:

Controlling all 30 teams. In the IGN article it states controlling all 30 teams is an Online League feature & not an In-Game feature.

Would of loved to have heard a little more about the graphics, especially on how close the player faces look to their real-life counterpart. Also would of loved to had heard something on Progressive Lighting & how the stadiums look..

Hopefully OS will get to preview the game & some of these questions can get answered..