Old 02-06-2009, 10:53 PM   #24
IXI DECAY IXI
Pro

IXI DECAY IXI's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Made a small change this week...

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdon2k
Wow, I am surprised I am in the minority on this one. I need those icons/menus! I have been playing Madden since 2003 and am still learning new things up to this day.

Pre-play has so many options/functions, I am not sure who in their right mind could keep those straight. I don't use all of them, but it's nice to have a reminder for when I am in the menus (especially when "B" backs out on one and "RB" cancels in another lol. What I would like to see here is a minimization of the menu. Think Madden 06-07 360 except have them even closer to the screen's edge.

I also like the weapons icons because they let me know who other team's playmakers are. I would hate to lose the option to see who's who pre play.

I am interested in a clean look for 2010, but I think it could be accomplished be redesigning the pre-play menus and weapon icons. I really like the "Star" icons in NCAA Football as the represent a star player, but don't have a black background that's distracting. Take a look at how these were done and implement it in Madden.
He is not saying you would have to go without them. It's just the first time you turn your game on, go in options, change it and boom your set.

I liked the idea of you bringing up the stars from NCAA. That is very clean, simple, and too the point. Good thought...