View Single Post
Old 02-14-2009, 04:57 PM   #63
bloodysox1918
Rookie

OVR: 1
Some of these things may have been addressed already in other comments.

The demo is great on the graphics and most of the gameplay but some things bother me. They need to get rid of the glitch where players are the same height as other players randomly, which was in 08 too. Also, sometimes the announcing gets cut off by other announcers. Another thing is that no one wants to play on the higher difficulty levels if they are just going to lose in the last inning by magic BS such as the pitcher taking his time throwing to first, and the computer getting homeruns and hits off of pitches that shouldn't be hit at all. Upping the difficulty should not result in the computer getting exactly what it needs even if it's impossible. It's like in Mariokart when the computer gets boosts of speed for no reason. 08 had the same problem. Whenever you play on Hall of Fame, the computer may fall behind but eventually comes out getting a hit on every single thing you do, no matter what! It's so annoying. And also when you're playing on high difficulty levels, it is rare to get a strike out. That is way too unrealistic. Pitchers should barely ever get hits as well. Especially AL pitchers, because Kazmir loves blooping in singles almost every at bat on Legend.

Some other things are that Utley, Rollins, Iwamura, Bartlett, Ruiz, Longoria, and Navarro all have 2 handed swings, but they don't in the demo. And by watching all of the videos with Teixeira, he has a 1 handed swing, but 2 in the game. If those are done correctly, the game will seem much crisper. Another thing they should do is have the glove actually close around the ball instead of it just sticking in there for no reason, because it just takes away the realistic feel when the replay shows the catcher catching a strike out when he doesn't even move his glove. Another thing is that night games at 7 on the east coast do not have the sun in view when the game starts. The game should start out with the lighting at about where is normally is at the top of the 3rd. Those little things will really make the game better.

I know this is only a demo and they could have fixed all of these things (I pray for the height glitch to be gone), but I'm just saying what I got out of the demo.