View Single Post
Old 02-23-2009, 09:13 AM   #20
kGinGreen
Banned

OVR: 23
Re: Major League Baseball 2K9 Video: All Star Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by stealyerface
The one thing that I am very happy to see, and this video shows it off quite well, is that the size of the field in relation to the size of the players seems to have been scaled a bit more properly than 2k's previous attempts.

One of my gripes last year was that it was next to impossible to get anything other than a screamer between the infielders, and even then, a lot of those missles were stabbed on the diving attempts. It look like this year we may get to see more balls that would normally find their way through the infield, actually get through.

I also have seen some balls find the gap in the outfield, and again, those outfielders covered a lot of fround last year, not only because they were super-fast, but because they were just too big. It was like having three 10 foot tall outfielders that ran a 4.15 forty yard dash out there.

Might be good news.

syf
Good point. It seems to me like VC did a lot of little things that might go unnoticed that should go a long way towards a more realistic experience. I'm thoroughly impressed with the overhaul that they have done. This game might be really close out of the box.