View Single Post
Old 02-24-2009, 07:03 PM   #1
Steve_OS
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
NBA Live 10 - New Team, New Direction (IGN)

The NBA Live 10 lead producer promises big changes are in store for the classic hoops franchise.

Quote:
"A large amount of the responsibility for rebuilding that foundation has fallen on new lead gameplay designer Mike Wang, who came over from 2K Sports after working on the NBA 2K franchise from 2005-2007. Wang is a devoted basketball enthusiast and he's excited to bring his years of expertise to the NBA Live team and take on the challenge of restoring the franchise to its former glory.

"I continually struggle with wanting to replicate a lot of the mechanics of 2K here, and what I've found out was that I made a lot of mistakes over at 2K and I'm glad that I made them there because it gave me a chance to see what was right and what was wrong and what resonated with fans and what didn't," Wang said. "It's not really copying 2K or that I want to copy that style of gameplay, but there are certain things that 2K does right from a basketball perspective that Live still struggles with. So, for me, it's a matter of looking at the NBA game and watching real live footage and playing our game to see what's missing and fix it. We're already well on our way and the game is playing very well, and it's going to be great by the time we're finished with it."

Link: IGN
Advertisements - Register to remove