Old 04-27-2009, 11:47 PM   #34
bigwill33
MVP

bigwill33's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: NCAA Football 10 Videos (IGN)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeezee12
Anybody notice when Ben was setting up the Florida vs Florida St game he went in and set the time to 12:30pm???? Maybe cuz he didnt want to showoff the unannounced dynamic lighting? Or maybe Im just looking to far into it...
Oh I did! I watched the video and skipped to certain parts to see if the lighting, shadows or clouds changed.

Not sure if supersimming had any effect on the progression, but it was tough to tell if anything changed.

I loved the way the clouds looked, no longer looked cartoonish or drawn. Looked like an actual sky.

The shadows didn't move at all on the field though. The shadows from the light fixtures on the stadium never moved and stayed static throughout. You can see the Florida sideline has the 30 yard line covered by shadows throughout. And also there was a light fixture that stayed between the 10 and goal line at the opposite end of the field and never moved either. Disappointing to say the least.

On the bright side, and this may be my eyes playing tricks on me, but if solidice wants to capture some screens it might help hint hint. I did notice that at the end of the game the sky had a pinkish hue to it. (Seinfeld reference perhaps). Anyway, it looks as if signs of dusk were starting to set in and you could actually see the sun, and it was lower on the horizen.

Now all of this is completely inconclusive, but since they won't confirm or deny anything and I am never optomistic about these things this is the most I can say at this time.

Let me know if anyone else finds anything.