View Single Post
Old 05-14-2009, 04:03 PM   #1
buckeyefan78
MVP

OVR: 13
2,000 days since Michigan's last win over Ohio State...

Quote:
Buckeye Fans Celebrate Anniversary of Last Wolverine Win

Having grown up in the Midwest — Northeast Ohio to be specific — I was immersed in the Ohio State-Michigan rivalry from a very young age.

From “scUM” to “Ann Arbor is a whore” to “Meatchicken”, the talk in our childhood household was definitely anti-maize & blue and The Rivalry was the pinnacle of the football season for my father, grandfathers, uncles, cousins and friends. The hatred of That Team Up North was ingrained.

Hell, I still can’t bear to watch any of the X-Men movies because of the main protagonist in the series.

So, it is with a great deal of pleasure and glee that I bring the following post…

In honor of the 2000th day since Michigan last beat Ohio State, a group that calls itself Friends of Woody.com has purchased billboard space to commemorate this auspicious occasion.
In downtown Detroit.

And this is a picture of the billboard, courtesy of the Columbus Dispatch via Adam Rittenburg’s Big Ten blog on ESPN.com.

Enjoy.

John Taylor
CollegeFootballTalk.com
http://www.collegefootballtalk.com/category/rumor-mill/
I'm not really big on this kind of humor. Maybe it's my age, but I fear Michigan just as much as I hate them.
Advertisements - Register to remove