View Single Post
Old 05-18-2009, 11:41 AM   #2
Qb
All Star

Qb's Arena

OVR: 43
Re: New Dynasty Video Blog

Just the tip of the iceberg (I hope). I was hoping that he would address the over-abundance of ice time in BAP mode. I'm sure some people like playing 30 min/gm as a rookie forward and in all situations, but that's just not going to happen. If they want it to be a realistic experience, you should have to earn all that extra ice time, especially PP or PK time. Also, your coach should bench you for consistently extending your shift; really you shouldn't be able to determine when you're on the ice at all in "authentic BAP mode".

If the teammate AI and goalie controls were better, I'd love to do a long-term goalie BAP. I have one now that I toy with now & then, but even with tweaked sliders improving the AI's tendencies somewhat, it's hard to get into it. If they were more aggressive in their shot selection, that would be a good first step. And for the love of everything that is good, please stop our D-men from skating or passing the puck in front of the goal. Clear it up the bleeping boards!!!

As far as franchise goes, he mentions more info on trading and I hope part of that will be teams filling holes at the deadline, dumping FAs-to-be and trading picks to load up for a playoff run. I never made it far into an 09 dynasty, so if the deadline movement was improved from 08 to 09, cool. But there was all of one trade at the deadline in my 08 dynasty. Uh-huh...