View Single Post
Old 05-18-2009, 05:07 PM   #4
Larry121283
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: New Dynasty Video Blog

Things I'd like to see addressed.

-Restricted free agency.

-Need to have more trade activity and player movement before and during the NHL draft. This includes draft pick trades and maybe the occasional superstar trade (example, Olli Jokinen last year...maybe Vincent LeCavelier this year)...maybe adding in player moral and a trade block would help this out, similar to other EA Franchises.

- Better draft pool of players...maybe even having the ability to edit them in.

- Be able to get players away from the Euro teams...in 09, I basically took Jagr, Forsberg, Rey Emery, and a bunch of others and just put them in the free agent pool (along with a few select foreigners that could potentially make the jump, and some old faces that probably won't come back, but add a lil something to the franchise...think Alexsey Morozov and Pavel Brendl).

- Be able to play a REAL dynasty with the teams of the Euro-leagues...those were real fun on the PS2 and definitely added to the replayability of the game. I'd love to go in and play a legit KHL season and not have to edit teams into the game.

- Add in World Junior Teams...it'd be fun to incorporate these players into the first year draft pool...example, this year, you'd already have Victor Hedman in the game (he was really in the game on the MODO team), but you could have the Canadian WJC team and it'd be awesome to import these juniors into dynasty and have a realistic draft class in after Year 1.

All of these things are just a little adjustment here and there away from happening...nothing earth shattering in terms of advancement, but I think would really add to the dynasty.