View Single Post
Old 05-29-2009, 01:41 PM   #68
Bgamer90
MVP

Bgamer90's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: Madden 10: Did EA Press Reset? (Joystiq)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTheorenHobbes
I don't have any problems with the Joystiq articles. Madden and NCAA have been on auto-pilot for years. It's about time a major media outlet called them out on it. God knows the Pasta Padre's and the IGN's of the world are never going to do it, not when it could mean they wouldn't get invited to the next all expense paid EA community event.
But what people have to realize is that a lot of the criticism that is in the article is from the wirter not being interested in the game.

Like for example, I have absolutely no interest in soap operas (lol kind of a stretch but work with me here). If I was given the duty of writing an article about soap operas, it would be negative from the gate and contain no good info about the characters and stuff that's going on in them since I'm not interested in them. I would probably find some generic/basic episode guides online to use for it and try to stretch that out the best way I can and call it a day.

The same can be said for this. The guy has no interest for madden and never really has, so he's obviously going to say why he has no interest for the game while tieing in basic descriptions about the features of the game.

Back to the soap opera example, if I worte an article on them and said something wrong in it, soap opera fans would just disregard my article becuase of it.

The previous joystiq article got things wrong about madden 10, so it's surprising to see so many take this article (and the previous one) 100% serious.