Old 06-13-2009, 12:51 AM   #20
allBthere
All Star

allBthere's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: E3 Backbreaker Hands-Off Preview

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaseB
I never for a second got that idea during my discussion with them.

They wanted to release some assets alongside the info, so that played a part in it. Also, sometimes you just want to get away from the chaos that is E3 so your title doesn't get lost in the shuffle. The embargo was actually for next Monday before, so they did bump it up. (Thursday also tends to be a better day to release info than a Monday because you'll get more coverage overall).

It's unfair to assume that in this case.
thanks for the reply, and to chris too.

Just to give more background, ...The publisher thing was mentioned by them on their forum, and given as a reason for their long communication blackout. I've stopped going to the forum a while ago, but they were saying things like that on their forum and twitter (which i don't do but was relayed by other members).

I guess for the reason you mentioned is why they decided to use the embargo, but they also must have just relaxed on staying silent with regards to their publisher negotioations.

For what it's worth, i'm interested in their vision, and will want to check it out when the time comes. But as a company, their PR and such is too spotty for me to pay attention to their communications anymore. I have a feeling when the game drops, that noone will know it besides people like us that are on gamming forums etc. I don't think they are capable of creating real 'buzz'.