View Single Post
Old 06-15-2009, 09:35 AM   #13
jdrhammer
MVP

jdrhammer's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: NCAA Football 10 Video: Illinois @ Wisconsin (No Audio, Just Replay Mode)

Is it just me or should the KO teams have a slight bump because this is ridiculous. 09 & from the looks of 10, the KO teams just get mauled when they have all the momentum. The suction/grapple animations need to go on KO's and Punts. It is more bang/bang and people don't stop to engage in whatever you call that. KO teams need to swarm more aggressively and in these situations I could see a need for a slight ratings boost or something to give the KO team a small advantage.

Call me crazy but I think this is a definite need for the next rendition along with the speed of the O in the backfield vs. the speed of the D. The extra momentum or downhill feeling isn't there. That pocket clip of OL/DL interaction of Buffalo vs Baltimore looked really good.

Same goes for the forest gump running and turning on a dime only to run straight for the sidelines. The only way you should be able to make a 90 degree turn would require an animation similar to the slip where you practically stop and lose speed because you start over. The speed burst should not even kick in unless you are in a fairly straight line. Any change of direction from that path would result in running at normal speed even if you are murdering the R2 button. If you want to change directions then you need to juke and even then you'd lose a little speed.

So it looks like we need to scrap the current animations for DL/OL interaction too.