View Single Post
Old 06-29-2009, 03:43 PM   #1
Dat Boi TJ
Banned

OVR: 7
Madden NFL 10 Developer Q&A (Gameshark)

Gameshark has posted a Q&A with the Ian, Josh and Donny, as they talk about Madden NFL 10.

Quote:
Gameshark: "I know that the team is very upfront about wanting player ratings to really matter this year. The fact that you guys chain Donny Moore to a chair and make him rate every player -- is pretty amazing when you think about it. But in terms of gameplay, how will we see a difference in say -- quarterbacks? It's been one of my pet peeves with football games for years: it's terribly hard to tell a difference between the QBs outside of arm strength and running speed. Will a quarterback with lower accuracy actually be off target with more throws?"

Donny: "First off, it is a really comfortable chair. Now to your question.

I think we have captured the strengths and weaknesses of each one of the quarterbacks in the league like never before for Madden NFL 10. No longer is every QB rated 80+ in throw accuracy. We now see guys covering a wider spread, rated anywhere from 50 to 99. This meant totally re-tuning the passing game, but it was something that we felt had to be done.

You can see immediate differences just by taking the Dolphins into practice mode and checking them out. First, we have Chad Pennington. He is rated amongst the best QBs in the game in short and intermediate accuracy. However, he has a sub 75 rated arm (Throw Power), so you do not want to take too many chances deep with Pennington. Throwing the deep out across the field with Chad Pennington = not a bright idea in Madden NFL 10.

Now, sub in the electric backup Pat White. Notice that he is almost like a running back or receiver in terms of quickness and agility. He has a stronger arm than Pennington (low to mid 80’s). So he is capable of making more throws. But you will quickly notice that his accuracy is nowhere near Pennington’s level. White is rated in the low 70’s to low 60’s for accuracy. Finally, sub in 3rd string Chad Henne. He has a laser arm (90+ THP). His accuracy is somewhere in between White and Pennington. Factor all these changes in, and I promise you will feel a significant difference this year. Not just with the Dolphins, but with each and every quarterback in the league."
Advertisements - Register to remove