View Single Post
Old 07-28-2009, 04:56 PM   #24
shadox
Rookie

OVR: 9
Re: Fifa10 Gameplay!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianFifaFan
I actually loved 09, so just bug fixing with 360 degree dribbling would make my mouth water. I really can't stand PES and think that Fifa09 was far better (gameplay-wise), so to see it continue to improve, even incrementally, makes me overjoyed. I hang out a lot on the UK Fifa boards and you have your share of disgruntled fans over there, but it has been said that this was an older build, so it's not really something to take too harshly. But long story short, the PES fans are never really gonna appreciate Fifa and mostly vice-versa. The only PES I really liked was Winning Eleven9 which I have for my Xbox and can play backward compatible. But since they've come up with a gameplay speed and a stagnancy that I find the Fifa approach vastly superior to. And please don't get me started on the ugly menus and terrible music....

I'm not trying to bash PES too hard; but, to me, it just reeks of generic, and since I really don't prefer the gameplay style or lack of advanced controls like Fifa has, I'll let the PES guys enjoy their chosen game in peace. I'll give the PES demo a shot to see if it's changed, but chances are it'll be more Fifa for me!
Well, I just meant that their and we here had the same info (early buid) but nevertheless reacted totaly different

I changed games twice now...I started with the old rubbish but fun games and then with the ISS series for SNES...then I switched to the FIFA Games, which were amazing in their time...remember Fifa 99? Classic,great game to me.

After that, I was bound to every PES game and wasn't able to even stand the Fifa versions....the presentation was always better, but gameplaywise PES was way above FIFA IMO.

Sadly, 2007/2008 was terrible as both games sucked

I had to admit that I tried Fifa 09 quiet late, but from that moment I was kinda addicted
Especially on complete manuall settings, it's n unbelievable great game.
So I definatly can't wait till october...will be hard times....a bit cured due to Madden.

I don't think that I will try PES at all. My impression is that Konami is in a similar situation like 2k with Basketball...they used to have a succesfull game and used to be better then EA...even with worst technologie.
And exactly that has changed last year/ will change this year.

Fifa 10 is my personal "Game of the year"-prospect Nr.1