View Single Post
Old 07-29-2009, 06:53 PM   #4
titansftw
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: Hitch Step: Is it just me, or is there no hitch step in Madden?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brophog
Definitely one of those things that can be added.

That is a way of keeping timing for many offenses. There are several, but utilizing a hitch step is one of the more common.

The way I see it, if the animations are automatic, it could definitely be a cue for when to throw the ball, or when to look for the outlet receiver, ASSUMING EA designs the play books (especially the WCO ones) so that the routes of the receivers match the QB footwork (unless they are jammed, of course).

Another thing they should do is instead of having yellow and orange routes when you look at the play art, they should color code them for the proper progression you're supposed to take. Maybe like, Red, orange, Yellow, then blue for outlet, and maybe white for a built- in hot route?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCNABB51BOI
NICE i like that idea . i like that making guys understand the way a qbs number of drops steps and footwork would be tight. but i doubt it will ever happen just like the cone guys didnt know how to make reads and play real ball. i love the idea
That makes me sad. I mean, why not just have an option for sim or arcade? For sim mode, add in the hitch steps and so forth. For arcade, just turn it off and use the Madden waddle.

RIP Steve. You will always be my Hero.

Last edited by titansftw; 07-29-2009 at 06:55 PM.