View Single Post
Old 09-04-2009, 05:32 PM   #47
Only1LT
MVP

Only1LT's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: QB Vision Cone - Bring it back (with a caveat)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pared
Ahh. Great point. I'd love to see it implemented correctly then, with defense in mind, if this is the case.

Here's what I would do:

Hold LT to pass. This brings up the cone. You can actually eliminate this step if you make it an option.

The first tap brings up the receiver icon. You'd know what they are by reading the play pre-snap. (This may be an issue for head to head two player games on the same TV)

The second tap releases the ball. A tap and HOLD on this method will result in a fake to that specific guy. You can alternatively use LB if you don't like this to fake.

A QB can't just go around faking anywhere, they fake to specific guys. This allows the defender to think the WR is running a short curl/in/out route, bite on the fake, then lead the WR.

You would also need to eliminate the lob/bullet passing mechanic if you went with the tap and hold method. Of course, the game should be "smart enough" to recognize where your WR is running and lead them with the appropriate pass, depending on the route.

All this off the top of my head. Of course if I had to implement this into the game, I'd have to flesh it out much more thoroughly.
Excellent point and one that I am surprised that opponents of the VC don't understand. Without looking at a specific receiver, what is the point of a even having a fake? What you pump faked the entire defense lol?