View Single Post
Old 09-08-2009, 06:49 PM   #4
CarryTheWeight
MVP

CarryTheWeight's Arena

OVR: 30
Re: NHL Developer Insights: NHL 2K10 Franchise Mode

-Love the "league history" feature...something I was looking forward to seeing in NBA 2K10 and it's good to hear that we have it in NHL as well. I don't know why, I'm a junkie for that type of stuff...probably as a result of playing over 80+ seasons in a fantasy league in OOTP5, but that's neither here nor there...

-I guess Realm may be happy to hear that a frozen franchise glitch has been fixed...

-Cool that you can see team attendance and "team state" in a Team Card screen. Hopefully this comes attached with dynamic attendance...and I wouldn't mind any of the obscure trivia items we see in NBA 2K every year either (but not expecting it). Also informative to see other teams' captaincy without going into an actual game.

-What about smaller market teams that are exceptions to the rule (Minnesota, Buffalo)? Will they still have "guaranteed sellouts" based on the enthusiasm over hockey in the area? I'm asking this because the Sabres haven't made the playoffs in two years and have sold out of season tickets due to the fanbase's enthusiasm (or happiness with mediocrity, take your pick).

All in all, should be an entertaining year in both games' franchise modes...providing, of course, that 2K10 can keep excitement high at the trade deadline and mirror the strategic acquiring of players that EA's Be A GM has already promoted.