View Single Post
Old 10-03-2009, 06:58 PM   #4
TheLeviticalLawKid3
Pro

TheLeviticalLawKid3's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: On the Prowl: Football at High Point

ESPN Analyst and Former SEC OC Named HPU's First Coach

HIGH POINT, NC- Insanely popular High Point athletic director Craig Keilietz announced the High Point Panthers' first ever football coach today. Junior Dewrell, former ESPN College Football Live analyst and Auburn Offensive Coordinator, was introduced as the Panther head man on the steps of the newly built HPU Football Complex's Office Building. Dewrell was the obvious choice for the Panthers, he expressed desire to build his own program several times in his three years as a college football analyst. After fellow analyst Bill Curry started up the program at Georgia State and hearing of the new team at High Point, Dewrell quickly became the #1 contender for the job.
"It comes as no surprise for me to introduce our new football coach. This is only to make this official. The rumors are true and Junior Dewrell is our man at High Point," Keiletz announced in front of hundreds of the HPU faithful, whose thunderous applause caused the new HC to smile.
"That's what I'm talking about," Dewrell said in his first sentence as the new head coach for the Panthers. "I am extremely excited about this job. It has always been my dream to build my own program from scratch and not worry about silly traditions and alumni breathing down my neck. These next three years will be filled with getting the top players to come to HPU with the draw of making history and immediate playing time.
"My coaching staff will be the best possibly I can assemble. No one will ever question my dedication to High Point. I came out of retirement for this job, and, when I'm done, I'll retire again," Dewrell boldly proclaimed to the roaring delight of the crowd.
"My days as a QB in the NFL and as an offensive coordinator at the most prestigeous conference in all of football, the SEC, has prepared me for this. I will call all of the plays offensively and our defense will be coached by one of my best friends and the finest defensive coordinator I know," Dewrell said. "The young and fiery Brad Montgomery will be my first hire as head coach of the Panthers."
Montgomery, the 26-year old DC for defending FCS National Champion Richmond will join the High Point staff, with his first official day being Monday.
Dewrell's final comment at the introductory press conference created what some call the loudest crowd noise they've ever heard at High Point, all without even a single down of football to be played in years:
"Get ready for some football, High Point. We will not be doormats. We will be champions."