View Single Post
Old 11-09-2009, 02:23 PM   #2
pk500
All Star

OVR: 20
Re: Cotto v. Pacman November 14th

Quote:
Originally Posted by ex carrabba fan
BTW if what's going on in Manny's camp is real [the drama between the adviser and trainers] that's a damn shame
I think it's having VERY little effect on Manny, if any at all. Freddie Roach still runs the show in that camp, and everything else are just satellites orbiting around the outer edges of Planet Freddie-Manny.

The one thing I noticed about Manny in the third episode is that he looks more bulked up than he did for the Oscar or Hatton fights. He always looks in phenomenal shape, but his torso muscles looked really THICK, as if he knows Cotto will hit him harder than anyone he's faced.

Yet Manny still looks ridiculously fast. Combine that with the HUGE advantage in trainer experience and skill for Manny, and I see him either winning with an early KO or a decision.

This fight either will end early with a Manny KO if he is able to exploit a flaw or weakness in Cotto like he did against Hatton, or it will go the distance, with Manny winning a unanimous decision.

I don't think Cotto will leave himself nearly as vulnerable to Manny's shots as Hatton because Cotto has become much more of a counterpuncher at welterweight than the seek-and-destroy fighter he was at light welter.

Can't wait for this fight!

Take care,
PK