View Single Post
Old 12-21-2009, 06:39 PM   #21
DrewsLions
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: anyone play Madden 08 on PC?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdarez
I used to limit my PC to RPG / RTS games, but most RPGs are coming out on the 360/PS3 now, so it's down to RTS games. I'm curious about Madden on the PC, were the graphics any better, or about the same as the consoles?
Valdarez - Graphics are the drawback. When the consoles went next-gen, the PC model was left in the dust. Pretty much the same graphics since '05... only slightly better, IMO. Not that they are horrible by any stretch (think PS2-ish), but next to Madden '10... no contest. Think it still runs on DX7... yes, very outdated. Actually looking at getting a new Asus PC with Windows 7, but the deal breaker might be if I can play Madden '08 on it. (P.S. If anyone knows how Madden '08 for the PC runs on Windows 7... let me know)

It's the total control, exportable files, customizable everything that gives the PC version it's edge for those wanting to be able to change anything and everything. There are tools out there to rip the program to shreds and make it anything you want. I've had fun for years with it. The graphics are definitely what makes me try the newer console versions, though. But... I always end up going back. Hope that helps!
Advertisements - Register to remove