View Single Post
Old 12-24-2009, 03:56 AM   #22
ThaReaper09
Rookie

ThaReaper09's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Pro Evolution Soccer 2010 Review

No, PES this year is pretty, well, disappointing.

*The A.I. cheats on every difficulty, more so on Top player
*The CPU dominates the game with the fast players, but when you get fast guys, all of a sudden, every is the same speed.
*Unlocking classic players. I can dig it, but not unlocking players that actually play! Newcastle has like 6 or 7 players that need to be unlocked. Why? Put them in the free agent section and let us find them, not waste our time winning the Europa league.
*Free Kicks suck, as do penalties.
*Commentary could and should be miles better
*Keepers suck
*Tactics/sliders/cards have little to no effect whatsoever
*No weather
*Passes, about 65% of the time, never go where you want them to

Some of these are serious issues with the game that makes it just awful. Some, you could say, semantics. Now on to the biggest issue, outside of A.I. of course. Supposedly the crown jewel of PES, Master League.

I thought ML would be fantastic this year. Using currency, having realistic transfer windows. But it is absolutely awful. Let me just list the ways:

*Inability to make offers to players.

You can only do this after your scout has already made one. WHAT'S THE POINT? We should be able to say: "Alright Andres (Iniesta), here's the deal. 4 years, $60 mil. Take it or leave it."

*Inability to offer trades to teams

Absolute joke. 3 years they've had to make ML great, and they've absolutely **** the bed. We should be able to do something like: Offer: Nani. for: Pedro. Something simple, but effective.

*****ed up transfers

In one window, Barcelona signed Gigi Buffon AND Alexandre Pato. That is bull****. I can't even sign Michael Essien or Andres Iniesta in 3 windows, let alone 1. But here's the hilarious thing. My first year, I signed Xavi. The original offer was 3 years, $61 mil. I change it to 4 years, $41mil, and he accepts. Then in the Janurary transfer window, I sign Robinho for $63mil. Next year in the pre season transfer window, I sign Yoann Gourcuff for $71 mil. So what am I getting at? The A.I. gets an unfair advantage, on the pitch and in the clubhouse.

*International call-ups

Another A.I. exploit. You rest your best players because they are tired from being on international duty, but the team you play has their starters out there. Man City had Robinho, Bellamy, SWP, Tevez, Given, and Lescott all starting, playing they just came off a break. Terrible, absolutely awful. Another thing, the game ****s up. The only goalkeep that I can use after IC is Ben Foster. It's awful because VDS is the only keeper that doesn't go on IC. Players like Paul Scholes, VDS, Michael Owen, who aren't on their respective national clubs in the game, go on IC. But players like Patrice Evra and Anderson, who do appear for their respect NC's in the game, don't go.