View Single Post
Old 01-13-2010, 06:43 PM   #8
EnigmaNemesis
Animal Liberation

EnigmaNemesis's Arena

OVR: 55
Re: Hands on preview

Quote:
Since MVP Baseball 2005, every game based on the sport has been a disappointment for me. Simply put, nothing has been as fun as what EA Sports was able to produce before 2K Sports snatched up the Major League Baseball license, the same way EA Sports did with the NFL license.
Really guy, really?

Come on now, Nostalgia is a wonderful thing, but this is because you don't want to enjoy other games.

Quote:
While My Player is wonderful to have, it seems like a different approach to what MLB: The Show (Sony's baseball title) has done in recent years more than a truly original idea.
Huh? After reading your short preview on it, it sounds EXACTLY like RTTS, and not "a different approach".

This guys sounds "out of touch".

Quote:
The last new feature that was shown to me was also one of the coolest, provided it can be tuned properly. It's called Hurry-up Baseball and it allows you to skip all those annoying cutscenes and replays that you'd usually have to tap A (or X on PS3) to get through.
Ok I read enough. IGN, get a guy who values sports especially baseball, cause this guy seems to care less, and the coolest feature to him is "fast play" (The Show). Really now.

That is the only letdown from these big corporate sites that are not genre focused like Operation Sports. You get the guy who isnt into sports games, hanging on to nostalgia when there is many sports games after that game just as good, if not better, doing previews/reviews. Gamespot is guilty of this too.

Last edited by EnigmaNemesis; 01-13-2010 at 06:46 PM.