View Single Post
Old 01-26-2010, 10:03 PM   #19
bigfnjoe96
Hall Of Fame

bigfnjoe96's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: Major League Baseball 2K10 Interview (ESPN)

Hopefully Jon got a Beta Copy & will post some more information like he does every year about his SF Franchise.

Quote:
Robinson: Getting back to the gameplay, last year there were so many glitches, how did you address the A.I. concerns? Is there a new engine?

Bishop: I wouldn't say that it's a completely new engine, but there are definitely some areas that we went in and started from scratch. Fielding was a big one we pretty much redid the entire system. We put a lot more resources into just making the A.I. better. We also added more animations than we ever had before, trying to cover any situation that might come up just so it looks smoother. We have spent a lot more time polishing this year, where we didn't really have that luxury last year because everything came to us so late. This year feels much more like a natural cycle where we've not only been able to add all of these things and fill some holes, but we've had the time to really make them stand out and play the way we want them to.
This for me is very encouraging because VC is very good @ animations & boy was this game in need of new animations..

Hopefully we can get Chase's write-up soon...